Shops and tools

Knoberman

swapping
How about a area for this? There's always new tools and gadgets people dont know about that can really help our day to day work as well as projects. And shops well I enjoy seein how others set theirs up. Its good motivation as well.

Interesting this popped up. I was about to post up that I had a torque plate built for my bore and hone jobs if anyone needed to use it, it can be rented. I am in central WV, so I doubt anyone on the west coast would be interested. Chris

that was something i had thought about as well. ive seen people offer tools just cover shipping. i expect a torque plate would get a bit pricey to ship around

I have that light,, dont waste your money,,, it isnt all that special to be honest.

Chris could you snap a pic of that plate? Do you really need to use a plate for hone job?

well its nuthing special but its a homeade tool and its handy as all get out. took a pair of channel locks and added a slide hammer to one of the handles. if i remember ill get a pic of it

Are the corded ones better? I always seem to need something better. I like your idea teddybear. Cant keep everything up and runnin without tools and doin it without a shop sucks

I have that light,, dont waste your money,,, it isnt all that special to be honest.

Chris could you snap a pic of that plate? Do you really need to use a plate for hone job?

I will try to get a pic, but I made it out of 1.500" plate steel and obtained correct length bolts so spacers would not be needed. Possibly not needed for a hone, but would keep it true for the .002" that you may remove during a hone.

Mechanics Tools and Bits something along the lines of this is pretty high on my list.

Hmm, surprised to see you say this. I have this light also and I use the chit out of it. I suppose if you have a shop that is well lit you may not need it, but it is amazing how much more light it puts right where you need it even when in the shop.

As for the new section, I agree it would be nice to see how others set their shop up, always great to see others ideas, might make you change some things in your shop.

Our shop is well lit but I need more lite under hoods and such. Seems like a light such as that would really help

I have a 3/8" snap on impact driver and don't know how I got by with out it. Doesn't have to be a snap on, but go for the variable speed trigger!

You know Travis it may be just the brand I have, but I find the light coming from it so unfocused that it really dosent help alot,, I mean it is better than nothing, but far from good. It just sits attached to my one work bench now.

Probably one of my favorite "tools" in my garage now is one of the over the top creepers. It makes life so easy for working on the top side of the truck

Back