Budget fun puller questions

I'd love to have an old puller toy to play with, but in my business, I can't.

If I had a puller that I put together with parts from our boneyard, then I'd be "making too much money raping farmers" to have something like that.

It's OK for them, but not for me.

I play with a D19 Allis at 9K lbs in the local antique class. 64 and older, lowest gear rule, must be all stock with original weights and tire sizes. No non-factory turbo's or hanging weights....I'm the only turbo tractor there, they all ***** about me, but even at 9K lbs with 18.4-34's I still can't tie it down.

Chris

I'd love to have an old puller toy to play with, but in my business, I can't.

If I had a puller that I put together with parts from our boneyard, then I'd be "making too much money raping farmers" to have something like that.

It's OK for them, but not for me.

I play with a D19 Allis at 9K lbs in the local antique class. 64 and older, lowest gear rule, must be all stock with original weights and tire sizes. No non-factory turbo's or hanging weights....I'm the only turbo tractor there, they all ***** about me, but even at 9K lbs with 18.4-34's I still can't tie it down.

Chris
In a way, that actually sound like a fun class.

It's for fun and a $5 trophy an it costs you nothing to enter.

It can get expensive to find the factory weights, but only if you have a green tractor.

I am in charge of the deal, and I'd really love to go to a speed limit to level the field a bit. Hard to compete with the Deere's in a 1st gear pull on factory rubber. I used to pull a D17 High drop with factory 14.9-38's and they would whine about that since most had 28's. I took the original price book down and shut them all up.

Best I ever did was 12th out of 38 tractors...
Chris

I do agree signature, a speed limit levels the playing field more than the lowest gear rule. Every lowest gear is different from one tractor to the next

Back