GT50's are coming for you compound guys ;)

DRTurbo

Turbocharger Engineer
Guys we are working with GT to get you a solution for a unit between a S400 turbine and GT55 turbine. We have been pounded by emails and PM's looking for something in between that is 80-88mm range, doesn't use a huge cover (like a GT47 and GT55) and has a high flowing turbine with a .96-1.08 A/R. Well we have been working on CNC'ing a unit for this app. It will be no larger then the S400's, has the new UHP 100mm turbine wheel.

Specs are for comp wheels:

80/108- 122lbs/min
88/119 - 140lbs/min
89/119 - 142lbs/min

Turbine specs are:

100mm/89mm -.96A/R - 51lbs/min turbine flow
100mm/89mm -1.08A/R - 56lbs/min turbine flow
100mm/89mm -1.23A/R - 60lbs/min turbine flow

We also will have Twin scroll housings as well.

Prices will be under $1900

Last edited:
Ok guys....1st shipment of these have been finished in the CNC's and start shipping Monday morning! ;)

Let us know the feedback on the units guys. The 3 trucks that have installed them already say they are spooling faster then their GT47 its replacing...... ;)

Congrats to Adam on this board.....1st to push the GT50 over the 4 digit mark (1013rwhp) on fuel. Still has more to go ;). He went from a 83mm Borg (890rwhp) to the 88mm GT50....spool up is virtually the same :). That is before the spool valve that is being installed ;)

Last edited:
Guys we are working with GT to get you a solution for a unit between a S400 turbine and GT55 turbine. We have been pounded by emails and PM's looking for something in between that is 80-88mm range, doesn't use a huge cover (like a GT47 and GT55) and has a high flowing turbine with a .96-1.08 A/R. Well we have been working on CNC'ing a unit for this app. It will be no larger then the S400's, has the new UHP 100mm turbine wheel.

Specs are for comp wheels:

80/108- 122lbs/min
88/119 - 140lbs/min
89/119 - 142lbs/min

Turbine specs are:

100mm/89mm -.96A/R - 51lbs/min turbine flow
100mm/89mm -1.08A/R - 56lbs/min turbine flow
100mm/89mm -1.23A/R - 60lbs/min turbine flow

We also will have Twin scroll housings as well.

Prices will be under $1900
For comparison how many more lbs can these move compared to s400 with similar compressor wheels?

For comparison how many more lbs can these move compared to s400 with similar compressor wheels?

^^^This

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

I was wondering the turbine flows of the S400 also, but mostly the T6 1.32 A/R with the 96/88mm turbine in it??

Thanks.

Congrats to Adam on this board.....1st to push the GT50 over the 4 digit mark (1013rwhp) on fuel. Still has more to go ;). He went from a 83mm Borg (890rwhp) to the 88mm GT50....spool up is virtually the same :). That is before the spool valve that is being installed ;)

Do tell sir! Which spool valve the SDX piece Weston is working on or the Sound Performance valve? Also, is it going on the secondary or primary (would assume secondary if the SDX piece given they are only producing a t4 at this time)?!?! Also, what secondary is on this truck or is this a single?

A S400 88 will move around 135lbs/min. The exhaust side is the difference as the GT50 is the UHP design. Like the GT55......best design currently.

Do tell sir! Which spool valve the SDX piece Weston is working on or the Sound Performance valve? Also, is it going on the secondary or primary (would assume secondary if the SDX piece given they are only producing a t4 at this time)?!?! Also, what secondary is on this truck or is this a single?

Right now its the sound performance unit. When Weston finishes his design we will carry them hopefully.

Right now its the sound performance unit. When Weston finishes his design we will carry them hopefully.

Nice! Well I will have one of the first production runs when they wrap them up on my 64 from you guys. That 80mm GT50 sounds interesting.......:evil

Nice! Well I will have one of the first production runs when they wrap them up on my 64 from you guys. That 80mm GT50 sounds interesting.......:evil

The GT50 is an absolute gem. Best thing Garrett has released since the GT47 and GT55. We have shouted for something in between cause its a huge jump from GT47 92mm turbine wheel to the GT55 111mm turbine wheel.

Oh, btw, we will offer the larger GT47/GT55 covers as well as a option. Just $199 bucks for the upgrade.

Oh....the 1st shipment of 1.40A/R twin scroll housings arrive for CNC'ing here on Friday. Castings will be machined in about 2 days depending on how many and how fast we can cut them. Couple this housing with Weston's twin scroll valve....you would have a nice .70A/R on the low end and 1.40A/R on the top side. Should make for an interesting setup.

Jose, can you PM me a price on a 80mm with options of the 1.23 and the 1.40 housings, also would like to see if these can have a 4.25" cat o-ring outlet flange added to the comp cover. Thank you.

Jose, can you PM me a price on a 80mm with options of the 1.23 and the 1.40 housings, also would like to see if these can have a 4.25" cat o-ring outlet flange added to the comp cover. Thank you.

Keep in mind the 1.23A/R is open scroll , where the 1.40A/R is divided.

Keep in mind the 1.23A/R is open scroll , where the 1.40A/R is divided.

I understand what you are talking about, and having dealt with both styles I have noticed a difference, could you explain how the two housing will react differently on this turbo, I'm just trying to get my facts straight.

Couple this housing with Weston's twin scroll valve....you would have a nice .70A/R on the low end and 1.40A/R on the top side. Should make for an interesting setup.

Are these t4? I was under the impression they are t6?

Back