Ebay Dodge intercooler

I bought an on3 performance intercooler like that this spring without brackets for $300 and made my own brackets. So far its holding up just fine n looks to be decent quality

CX Racing inter cool

Got one. It is huge. How much EGT drop, no clue..did compounds at the same time. "Was" going to put it on "real quick" before the compounds but, shipped with missing "H" bracket (e-mailed them about that and they refunded me a tiny bit for that). There went a day finding a welding shop that wasn't trying to make their monthly budget fabing my little job, another couple hours for a trip to the hardware store to gather all the mounting bolts that didn't get shipped as well.
According to CX Racing on the other forum, R & D (leaves a lot to be desired) is done at their CA facility, manufactured in China.
Its big, reasonably heavy. The core seems to be decently built. Mounting brackets / system is a joke. Inlets a are "just a hair" bigger than stock. Using stock boots no worries, they will stretch. My right side aftermarket boot was a total pain to put on.
If your not worried about details, it should go on pretty quick. If your a bit OCD like me, be prepared for lots of time, effort (I seriously lost track of how many times we had it in and out to get it aligned and how much "trimming" had to be done to bumper brackets), more $$ (I had to replace my grill). I have 3 days tied up just in this inter cooler.
In the end, considering the install hassles, I would have been better off finding a stock metal tank replacement or gone a more expensive but better fit aftermarket.

[ame="http://s819.photobucket.com/user/mykaos/media/Compound%20project/IMG_0617_zps91d5eafd.jpg.html"]IMG_0617_zps91d5eafd.jpg Photo by mykaos | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Consistently running 65-70psi through it without issues. Before i bought it i did some research and a guy said he was running a huge set of twins pushing 100+ psi through the same intercooler without any problems.

Back