How to get more HP/TQ?

Duramaxfan03

Hey guys, just wondering if you had any tips or tricks to squeak out any more hp out of an LB7 that is limited to a stock turbo, that mainly does sled pulling. The truck already has up pipes, manifolds, larger injectors, fass system, CAI, bigger intercooler tubes and the easy stuff like that. I've heard of people hogging out the mouthpiece of the turbo with a Dremel for more air but haven't looked into it much. Any little tips or tricks would be awesome, just looking for anything that may give a little bit of an edge over the other guys. Thanks guys!

Stock size wheel or completely stock? Stock Batmo wheel. Also truck is tuned right? I didn't see any of your info on.

Profab intake horn, intake Y bridge and downpipe.

Port/polish the exhaust side of the turbo. If you can get away with it, port/polish compressor side, too and add Wetzel wheel.

Sportsman CP3 so you can fully use those 60%. Bet your rail pressure drops like a rock right now.

Better valvesprings/pushrods.

Update tuning to optimize everything at higher rpm to help internals live.

Then start saving for rods. Its not a question of "if", but "when" you'll be rebuilding.

Last edited:
Has to be the stock wheel. They check after every event. Are there any write ups on porting/polishing the turbo or anything like that? The truck has a 10mm cp3 in it now with 65% injectors

If it needs a legit stock wheel, a port / polish job on the turbo is about all you can do.

I recommend Danville Performance for tuning.

Back