Snap-on cordless impacts

I bought the 14.4v 3/8 drive SO impact about two years ago, it is the shiz. Not one problem.

My favorite tool by far.

Well i am not trying to be nosey or anything but if your able to pick up a snap on impact for around 250 or 300 bucks with your discount you better jump all over it in my opinion $.02

Yeah I can get both for under $600. That's like dangling fresh meat in front of a lion.LOL I'm just waiting on my taxes to come back next week.

Do you remember who you got yours from down there?

It was a 100% Milwaukee dealer. He is in one of the smaller buildings. The tools have worked great. I got a set and of my dad got a set. Being tossed around the farm, from truck to truck, they have been dropped, and even rained on. No issues yet!

I did read in a farm magazine, the Milwaukee impact.had more power and weighed less then a snap on of the same size.

Oh and don't be afraid to "Jew" him. Dad and I put our orders together and we talked him into throwing a couple other small things in.

Thanks for the info. One of the guys I work with has snap-on and milwaukee and says they are both awesome and recommends both highly. It gives me a reason to go to the show as well.

We've had various cordless impacts around the farm but never sprung for the Snap-on or Mac. We found Titan impacts from Hershal-Adams a couple years ago, we beat the crap out of them and they hold up well. I wouldn't buy another brand, I keep it in my truck at all times. On a full charge has no problem with lugnuts on tractors.

Titan 22160 24V Cordless 1/2-Inch Drive Impact Wrench

I just got the milwaukee 1/2" and it's pretty awesome. My uncle has the snap-on one and he is very satisfied with it. I would say you can't go wrong with either one. The main reason I got the milwaukee is that I switched all my 18v cordless tools over to milwaukee from dewalt so it's nice to have tools that all take the same batteries.

I just got the milwaukee 1/2" and it's pretty awesome. My uncle has the snap-on one and he is very satisfied with it. I would say you can't go wrong with either one. The main reason I got the milwaukee is that I switched all my 18v cordless tools over to milwaukee from dewalt so it's nice to have tools that all take the same batteries.

That's why I'm leaning toward Milwaukee.

The reason lithium batteries die young is because they can't handle major temp changes and rough service. I have makita cordless tools with lithium batteries, great tools junk batteries. I also have Snap-on cordless tools with Ni-cad batteries, super great tools and amazing battery life. You can't expect a carpenter grade tool to handle mechanic duty.

Last edited:
I have milwaukee, and I have snap on. Will the milwaukee do the job, probably, are they in the same league? NO WAY. I would put my 3/8" snap on with a good charge, will do the job of the 1/2" milwaukee.

I have had one for 3 years now and haven't had any issues. It's the 3/8" model. If I did it again it would be a Milwaukee. Roommate has a 1/2" Milwaukee and it runs like a dream. Also substantially lighter weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while intentionally misspelling words to aggravate the old forum members

I have milwaukee, and I have snap on. Will the milwaukee do the job, probably, are they in the same league? NO WAY. I would put my 3/8" snap on with a good charge, will do the job of the 1/2" milwaukee.

i would tend to agree. I dont own any snap on tools but i have used both there 1/2 and 3/8 impacts and they are top notch. i mean i definitely think there is a difference between the two but if your not going to be using them everyday i would go with milwaukee. but if he can get both brands at the same money. . . . Its snap on FTW

After doing some reading tonight I'm gonna go with the Snap-on. I don't have a air compressor at the house so these will get a workout.

I have a 3/8 snap on and the 1/2 inch snap on, I use them everyday, recharge in about 30 minutes. Even tho the 3/8 is only rated for a 14.? v battery i use the 1/2 inch 18v. Never had a single issue out of either one but in the past 4 years i have went thru 2 batteries. Very pleased with them and super strong. The 1/2 inch stops instanly when you release the trigger but the 3/8 keeps spinning.

I have a 3/8 snap on and the 1/2 inch snap on, I use them everyday, recharge in about 30 minutes. Even tho the 3/8 is only rated for a 14.? v battery i use the 1/2 inch 18v. Never had a single issue out of either one but in the past 4 years i have went thru 2 batteries. Very pleased with them and super strong. The 1/2 inch stops instanly when you release the trigger but the 3/8 keeps spinning.

The 18v battery on the 3/8 gun is like a turbocharger LOL
I do the same in a pinch bit try not to make a habit of it!
Never put the 18v battery on the 14v drill...I almost smoked a new drill!

Last edited:
I've been using the Snap-on cordless impacts for almost 10 years and haven't had any issues.
I recently traded my 1/2 in impact and drill for the Matco lithium set. I was leary at first but it does every thing the snap-on did plus it has a brake so the socket stop when I let of the trigger.
For the deal you're getting I would take them with out a doubt.

Just out of curiousity, what problems have you had with the dewalt impact? We have one on the farm that is used constantly to change tires on trucks and goosenecks and have had no problems with it. The batteries don't have a long life but other than that I have no complaints.

After doing some reading tonight I'm gonna go with the Snap-on. I don't have a air compressor at the house so these will get a workout.

You won't be sorry. We've got 2 18v 1/2" impacts, 2 18v led lights, 1 18v cordless drill and 1 14.4v 3/8" impact. Had them about 5 years with no problems. I don’t even use air impacts anymore unless I absolutely have to. I’ve snapped 2 lug bolts off a jeep with the 1/2" impact so there is plenty of power.

Back