look what i got

BtsNhoS

I need a truck
its my first so im more than excited. great b-day gift! now my question is, what connections/sockets/bits do i need?:rockwoot:

0221022037.jpg

0221022037a.jpg

Those are good guns. I think we have 5-6(regular drills/impacts). Had more but they were stolen.

Is that 3/8 drive or hex drive? Either way Grey Pneumatic makes awesome bits and sockets. Lifetime warranty

Go get the usual bits. I carry a universal hex set around with me. Has all type of bits, drivers... I even have some taps that have the quick hex.

Id also get a 1/4, 3/8 socket with the hex. Comes in handy when you have room to use the drill.

You can get bits but not grey pneumatic. If you're going to lowes I'd just buy a variety set of Dewalt bits. You'll want the screwdriver bit and socket bits up to 7/16" or 1/2". Ive got a 3/8 and 1/2 drive cordless impact. one of the best inventions yet.

this might be a stupid ? but this is my first impact driver, can i just use the same bits as a reg. drill (hammer)? what about sockets for lug nuts/bolts etc.

this might be a stupid ? but this is my first impact driver, can i just use the same bits as a reg. drill (hammer)? what about sockets for lug nuts/bolts etc.

the only lugnuts you'll be removing with that will be on your golf cart, and maybe not even that. An impact that size is designed for 3/8 bolts at the most really. You can get an adapter that has a 3/8 square drive so you can use all your 3/8 drive sockets on it. An actual 3/8 drive impact is prbly what you need if you're wanting to do much with it IMHO.

nice ill check that out
the only lugnuts you'll be removing with that will be on your golf cart, and maybe not even that. An impact that size is designed for 3/8 bolts at the most really. You can get an adapter that has a 3/8 square drive so you can use all your 3/8 drive sockets on it. An actual 3/8 drive impact is prbly what you need if you're wanting to do much with it IMHO.

even at 1200ft/lbs? or are you saying the 1/4 connection is wrong

even at 1200ft/lbs? or are you saying the 1/4 connection is wrong

I think that impact is actually 1200 in/lbs, not ft/lbs. I use a DeWalt all the time for misc framing jobs. You will find regular #2 phillips bits will break the tips off when using 3" screws, so keep a good stock of those. I also like to keep a variety of the hex drills also, like those in the post above, that way you can use them in the hexdrive and don't need a separate drill. Just make sure the hex bits you buy have the notch at the bottom to lock into the holder. I also have a set of THESE that come in very handy.

The issue you will have is finding a hex adapter that would withstand the abuse of a lug nut on a car.

That will be a handy little tool for sure, just use it for small stuff though and it will be great.

1200in/lbs is 100ft/lbs

so im looking to buy this one also, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Tool-Makita-BTW450Z-Torque-Battery/dp/B0014YVA1O/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1329966865&sr=8-11"]Amazon.com: Bare-Tool Makita BTW450Z High Torque Impact Wrench (Tool Only, No Battery): Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sobJAPsBL.@@AMEPARAM@@41sobJAPsBL[/ame] can i use the batteries that i have now to run it? the ones i have now are not 3.0AH but are 18v lithium.

Not sure about that, My batteries will interchange between my 3/8 and 1/2 guns but they're both Milwaukee's with the 18v lithium ion or whatever. Whatever you do, torque the lugnuts by hand after you tighten them with these cordless because they WILL come loose if you don't. At least thats been my experience, they loosen nuts way better than they tighten them.

Back