what will my curent setup make

33 deg???/ with a 160 pump, and 4ks.(i guess your driving this on the rd often)

why so much timing? seams like a lot to me.

Yes I drive on the street often, started off at 18 and kept going from their seemed to gain more and more every time its a little cold natured, lost a little bottom end but top end power is awesome.

Be sure to feed that 160 pump with as much pressure as you can. Big blue24 kept picking up hp until around 80 psi lift pump pressure.

why in the **** do you waist all your time posting stupid ass irrelevant bull **** on a "competition" diesel forum and always have a smart ass remark, u keep saying the spoon feed bull **** but what the **** kind of challenge or riddle do you want me to answer to get information out of you your ***** ass vp44 makes 414hp you are obviously a **** and can get the **** off this forum I don't care if u have over 3k post or not, your obviously no help and know nothing about diesels you just know how to rag on people that will be all

No reason to get your thong in a wad. Some of the "elders" think you should do things by trial and error, research and dyno time. There is no way for anybody to give you an accurate guesstimate of what your truck will make. There are way too many factors, IE: drive line loss, correction factor, actual load on the engine so on and so forth.
Do yourself a favor and spend a few hours using the search function and form your own hypothesis.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

No reason to get your thong in a wad. Some of the "elders" think you should do things by trial and error, research and dyno time. There is no way for anybody to give you an accurate guesstimate of what your truck will make. There are way too many factors, IE: drive line loss, correction factor, actual load on the engine so on and so forth.
Do yourself a favor and spend a few hours using the search function and form your own hypothesis.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

thank you, I was just curious if someone had a similar set up and what it dynod

by the time you making power at 33* the 160 pump is shooting itself in the foot, your best bet would to put it around 25 and dyno there.

by the time you making power at 33* the 160 pump is shooting itself in the foot, your best bet would to put it around 25 and dyno there.

I want to dyno with a few different timing settings one being 25* I was just curious on peoples thoughts as to if the 33* is helping or hurting or if someone already has tried this high of timing with this pump

Yes I drive on the street often, started off at 18 and kept going from their seemed to gain more and more every time its a little cold natured, lost a little bottom end but top end power is awesome.

still seams like a ton of timing IMO. 18deg seams more like a good number for a daily driver. its easier on the truck and better for low end power.(but too each his own) dyno it where its at.then dial your timing back to 18 or 20 ish and run the dyno again....you may find that you make more power at at lower rpm with less timing then you are making at a maxed out 4k with 33deg.(witch will be easier on the motor+make more power+and be more fun for a road truck=winning)

still seams like a ton of timing IMO. 18deg seams more like a good number for a daily driver. its easier on the truck and better for low end power.(but too each his own) dyno it where its at.then dial your timing back to 18 or 20 ish and run the dyno again....you may find that you make more power at at lower rpm with less timing then you are making at a maxed out 4k with 33deg.(witch will be easier on the motor+make more power+and be more fun for a road truck=winning)

I guess I will find out my exact number when I dyno, ill have to update you guys on what I made, The main reason I set my timing like is because at 18 when you would free rev it, it would sputter and have a kind of grayish smoke, and at the current setup it free revs nice and smooth

24v motors like mid 20s on timing cause that's where its designed to run with the vp44. Which timing chart have you used?

Last edited:
why in the **** do you waist all your time posting stupid ass irrelevant bull **** on a "competition" diesel forum and always have a smart ass remark, u keep saying the spoon feed bull **** but what the **** kind of challenge or riddle do you want me to answer to get information out of you your ***** ass vp44 makes 414hp you are obviously a **** and can get the **** off this forum I don't care if u have over 3k post or not, your obviously no help and know nothing about diesels you just know how to rag on people that will be all

Obviously you arent the first flat billing swaggot to come here and ask a dumbass question within your first 10 posts on the forum...

I'd like to see what he makes on the dyno...as our set ups are not dissimilar. Well, a little dissimilar.

24v motors like mid 20s on timing cause that's where its designed to run with the vp44. Which timing chart have you used?

I agree with this....but he p-pumped it and added a cam.(cam timing?)
I may be puting too much thout into this? Run the truck and let us know!

Back