0244 waste gate solenoid code

That link you posted is only the plug. Sounds like you are needing the solenoid as well. Correct?

For reference, I run a stock turbo and solenoid on my 05 with a quadzilla boost fooler. It has worked good for 9 years. And for 9 years I’ve wanted to install compounds on the truck.

I posted the link to ask if the plug would work like the solenoid? Will the plug make the computer quit throwing the low boost code, making the truck run like it does with the vice grips? Or will it still derate the boost and still throw code.

I'm not opposed to getting a stock solenoid. Just seeing if anybody uses this style of plug in place of the solenoid. Kinda confusing I know. I like how the truck pulls with the vice grips. Seems to really woke the truck up. Also I know you have to tow with an eagle eye on the boost gauge.

With the vice grips the truck builds boost quicker empty. Pulling the trailer the truck runs cooler egts. I'm just trying to get information from people that may have ran this plug over a solenoid. Or is the plug a bad idea long term?

You're best off to just replace the solenoid. As that is the actual issue that you have. Anything else will just be a patch or bypass.

You're best off to just replace the solenoid. As that is the actual issue that you have. Anything else will just be a patch or bypass.

Thanks for the input. Now where is the best place to get the solenoid? Are the cheap ones as good as the medium priced? Or is it you get what you pay for. I'm just wanting reliability.

Last edited:
Well got the solenoid installed today. Cleared the code, then went for a little ride. Truck is back to it's old self again. Runs great. Glad it was a simple fix. Thanks everyone for your help

Your efi live tuner should be able to adjust waste gate duty cycle. If the solenoid is bad, the tuner could also just disable the code all together. We have used a resistor on the engine side of the connector to trick the code if the efi live guy can't help.

Last edited:
Your efi live tuner should be able to adjust waste gate duty cycle. If the solenoid is bad, the tuner could also just disable the code all together. We have used a resistor on the engine side of the connector to trick the code if the efi live guy can't help.

I was under the impression that my efi would pretty much do boost fooling. Having that code come up made me wonder. The old solenoid looked pretty crappy. Just glad the new solenoid worked.

I was under the impression that my efi would pretty much do boost fooling. Having that code come up made me wonder. The old solenoid looked pretty crappy. Just glad the new solenoid worked.

It'll only boost fool if the tuner set it up. Those solenoids are expensive. Glad to hear that you're fixed up.

Back