Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #41
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff-1972
I remember when they called BS on COMP461 for saying he couldn't go as fast as he does.Look at him now though.................................
HUH ? He hasn't made a pass in his current ride...who knows if it's fast or not.
I'll assume it is...but it hasn't beem proven yet.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #42
chw

Name: chw
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
look, there are atleast 3 4x4 quad cab common rails in the high to mid 11's. All of them are at the 800-850 hp range soooo in theory w1cked's ride being a mega cab lifted and on big tires should be anywhere from 12 flats or higher.I assume you wanna race him with your mini me truck???that truck runs like 11.80's or around there on nitrous,right? If that stroke is so bad race him on fuel only, i mean you all say he is lying anyway so that caged, stripped,and slicked truck should smoke that big, heavy, lifted megacab w/o nitrous.I assume you are using the mini me truck for the race?? if you werent planning on using mini me then my bad.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #43
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
DJ Never claimed 800+ on Fuel only... If your boy has what he say's what does it matter if DJ Sprays? The 6L won't make that high right now, even on spray.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 02-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #44
Noreaster

Name: Noreaster
Title: Official beer tester
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chw
look, there are atleast 3 4x4 quad cab common rails in the high to mid 11's. All of them are at the 800-850 hp range soooo in theory w1cked's ride being a mega cab lifted and on big tires should be anywhere from 12 flats or higher.
That doesn't take 800hp even at the flywheel to run those times, more like 700hp.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #45
W1cked

Name: W1cked
Title: Diesel Junkie
Member`s Gallery
I dont run my big rims and tires on the track.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #46
HouTex

Name: HouTex
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN
HUH ? He hasn't made a pass in his current ride...who knows if it's fast or not.
I'll assume it is...but it hasn't beem proven yet.

Richard, he is referring to a couple years ago on ADM when Comp would talk about the Predator truck in the making. His sig said something along the lines of:" I will be the fastest diesel truck on Earth no brag just fact" or somthing...

People bashed him, but hey...He did it.

EFI
T70 Flapper
Trans Brake

Thanks to:
VISA
American Express
Turbomustangs.com

Old 02-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #47
Twisted Shifter

Name: Twisted Shifter
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I am a Dodge man to the bloody end .... but thats the biggest pile of HS I have ever seen ..... we will be racing at Moroso in April at the Jet Truck Nationals .....
I would be honored if you would bring your 800+ HP out to play ... with my 900hp ride .....

Stop laughing .... I have figured it out factual numbers +300 .... no?

Old 02-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #48
mikeym

Name: mikeym
Title: Master Baiter
Member`s Gallery
thanks chris, now this ones getting locked too...lol
05 f350 crew cab long bed, 10.5" rize, deaver rears, bilstein 5150s all around, 38x15.50x18 dick cepek mud countrys, 18x9.5 pro comp 1023s clearcoated, 4.56s, built 5r110, triple disc converter, warn trans4mer, milemarker 12k winch, pml diff covers, rize ladder bars, rize dual stabilzer with bilsteins, adj. trac bar, amp reasearch steps, doug tuned sct, 65mm turbo, cd intercooler, airaid & zoodad, 5" straight pipe, fluidampr, welded egr, shimmed regulator, isspros, viair 480c with nathan p3, husky mats, marathon seat covers, uws toolbox, uws 100 gallon transfer tank w/15gpm pump, uws dog box

Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #49
Amish Elegance

Name: Amish Elegance
Title: Schadenfreude
Member`s Gallery
Welcome wicked.

That said, I think there’s a few good reasons why you’ve got so many people worked up about your claims.
You come to this board totally off the radar, with no one to vouch for you, not one single reputable speed shop, and post a number up that is higher than even a magazine truck with more free parts than you can shake a stick at… on spray. (Project X) You best these numbers on #2 only? It makes people wonder.

You say you aren’t a mechanic, that’s ok neither is Comp , but who did the work? If Jeff Garmon, Darren Morrison, Keating, or anyone else built this truck for you, that’s ok man. There’s two ways to build an engine like this: hire someone to do it for you, or build it yourself. Either way, it takes a mechanic. You admittedly are not one, that’s cool. Who did the work? (crickets chirping)

Speaking of coming in off the radar, there was a rather large dyno event in FL just a couple weeks ago. The high number on fuel only was in the 600’s with a single turbo. A beast like that puts up numbers like you say would have crushed everyone at that event who wasn’t sprayin’. Yet there was no wicked mega cab to be seen. Had you showed, it would have been done in front of a crowd of diesel professionals and on a dyno that doesn’t fluff the numbers. I garen-damn-tee your reception here would be totally different if you put these numbers up at that event.

While the diesel community is exploding, those at the top are a pretty tight knit circle. Yeah, numbers like that are up there. If you’ve just entered this arena through a side road we haven’t heard about, great. Welcome. But make no mistake, this isn’t some ricer boy, patcha on the back, 200hp spoiler mod kinda website. That is not “how we roll, playa.” We get guys waltzing in here all the time with BS numbers, trying to get respect nobody ever gave em cept on the Civic boards, and they get sent packin.

If you made the number, stick around and have a great time. Put that truck on the track and prove it. Dont be tryin to take crap like this out on the street. Paul Walker dont live here, nor does his buddy Vin. You may find a few people here that "live their life a quarter mile at a time" (gay quote, I know) but most round here do it where they get a timeslip at the end of the race, not jail time. Power like this aint for stoplight to stoplight racin. Show up at one of the diesel events and "throw down," you'll get a whole different reception.

There’s a lot of good fellers on this board who make good power and could help you make more, and some could learn from your mods. But comin in here and waivin’ your tally wacker round with an 800hp dyno sheet puts you in the deep end of the pool. Sink or swim buddy.

I hope you swim, but I have my doubts too. Good luck at the track.

03 2500

Thanks to
Engineered Diesel
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks to Pure Diesel Power and Mumau Diesel.

How I Post..

Old 02-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #50
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
W1cked

WHat tires do you run at the track?

What times have you put down?

Are you running in 2 or 4WD?

What was your best trap speed?

Old 02-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #51
bones

Name: bones
Title: certified n bovine defctn
Member`s Gallery
guys if i remeber his mods right,i think there is a chance he could make those numbers with a single turbo,i am not thinking it will last to long like that but there is a chance he could make it...however i realy feel like dj will own him on the track

Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #52
Jetpilot

Name: Jetpilot
Title: Got Fuel
Member`s Gallery
Man I love this site....

Doug

Old 02-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #53
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
I wonder how many transmissions you've smoked? .....and who's or who's parts? What's working for you now?

.......that truck is HEAVY and 800 HP with 1,200+ ft lbs of TQ will snap about anything out there.

How much does a Mega-Cab 4x4 weigh?

Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #54
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
Guys I have been ask to post my mods to let people evaluate them. Here they are.

Twin CP3 pumps, Custom Nozzles, ATS Air intake, FASS 150gph, BD Intercooler, ATS exhaust manifold, A5K, ARP head studs, AFE Stage 2, Custom Exhaust, ATS 5 Star TC, Suncoast Flex plate, Full Billet Tranny, ATS Co-pilot,
My downloader and stack I will keep to myself for now unless forced to disclose that also.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #55
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
Burner

It is funny that you ask me about my tranny. That has been my biggest challenge to date. I have snapped billet input and intermidiate shaft. I have also smoked my foward clutch's and also busted the piston inside the foward drum.
I have been helped now by the guys at suncoast and i think we will have it right very shortly.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #56
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
If you're speaking to the fellas at SunCoast you're ok in my book.

......forget the different parts as I see ATS in your profile. Just get a "Full Blown" SunCoast tranny and be done with it.
Granted, it might not last forever but I bet it lasts longer than the other stuff you have or had.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #57
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Guys to set the record straight, he was not "forced" to post his mods. Quite simply in the interest of putting this to bed I told him to either list his mods, or some other corroborating info, or quit posting in this thread to difuse the situation. Its was his choice. Personally I wish you would stop embarrasing yourself with your claims, but your choice is your choice.

Don't come on here and post BS numbers and claims without something to back it up other than "lets do a street race playa", and expect to get any respect. The guys here are the real deal, and have all proven themselves. Also, don't even think about playing a victim. You came here and stirred the pot with your first couple of post. IF your truck is what you say it is, you already know how this game is played. My opinion is your one of the many posers that come here drop a line of BS to see who will bite, stir up the pot a bit, accept a few challenges, and never show up, then crawl back to the other boards where your BS is bought.

IF you can back up your smack talk at the track, I'll be the first to apologize, and give you the respect you deserve.

As for DJ running fuel only, why, he doesn't claim to have over 600HP on #2 only. If you have 833 you can walk all over him. Lets make this interesting. I'm willing to put up 10K that your full of BS and can't turn under a 12 at Moroso. If that things 833 HP, thats an easy 12K. What do you say? Put up or shut up playa!

BTW, you ever hear the name Mitch Triana?

Old 02-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #58
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Man...I need a LOT of popcorn now.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #59
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
Amish
To answer your question why I did not make it to the Suncoast Dyno Day.
The day i put my numbers on the dyno was January 26 where I was tuning my engine. I blew an injector on my last run and was out of commision till the following week that I got a new injector. I was planning on taking the drive up there to lay my numbers down.
You are also right about keeping it off the streets and keeping it on the track.
I dont think this is the time to post my times up when there is a race with someone I have never met or do i know his numbers.
I think it is fair for me to put up all my info for the other guy to know exactly what he has to do to beat me. I never wanted to make this a race for money and just wanted to do this for fun and let best guy win. I dont want people to take this like I am backing off the race. A race is a race and you will have a winner and a loser. That is it.
I have talked to many guys in the diesel industry and have learned alot and i know there is much more to learn. This is why i am here to learn from guys that are very respected in the industry.
All I am asking is for a chance to prove myself and i understand there are alot of good guys on this site that are very skeptical becuase of what they know.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #60
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
Dal
Again you are right. There is nothing that i can say at this point to make this situation better but i am not going anywhere yet.
All I am asking is for the time to prove myself. That is it. It is not that hard to do. Is it??????

Closed Thread