Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #41
ob1kobi

Name: ob1kobi
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Congrats Don, although I hate the secret stuff, I understand from my own experiences in the past why you have to do it.

Congrats and keep up the good work!

Ted

Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #42
bdp

Name: bdp
Title: beans diesel performance
Member`s Gallery
The way I see it the CR stuff is still some what new so when you get a combo thats throws down good #'s you want everyone to know about it but you kinda wanna keep it to yourself at the same time so you can make some money off it while it last and before the copycatters get ahold of it and hor it out.

Now if I only had some big ole Flux squirts.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #43
Dockboy

Name: Dockboy
Title: Comps BFF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL POWER
i was thinking the same thing. it's all untill it's on paper...........
Did you seriously just say that??!!!

Unbelievible!!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #44
McRat

Name: McRat
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdp
The way I see it the CR stuff is still some what new so when you get a combo thats throws down good #'s you want everyone to know about it but you kinda wanna keep it to yourself at the same time so you can make some money off it while it last and before the copycatters get ahold of it and hor it out.

Now if I only had some big ole Flux squirts.
I would venture to guess that Don uses the internet enthusiast's forums for information just like most of us do. Be it transmissions, shocks, tires, turbos, stereos, hitches, etc, there is always someone there who has experience and shares it.

Nobody here invented common rail, turbocharging, diesel engines, or transmissions, so everyone is a "copycat" to one degree or another.

I doubt anyone faults Don for not sharing info, I certainly don't, it's the fact he goes out of his way to tell you he doesn't that is weird. So fk'g what? Dyno sheets start flame wars anyhow, and Don participates in them, so he knows what's up. He had lit me up pretty good when I posted numbers, even when track data backed it up.

As far as his injectors, you need to be on his soup list. I've been trying to get some for 2 years, as recently as 2 months ago, with zero luck. Don had posted on a Dmax board that he had injectors that improved mileage, dropped EGT's, and increased HP, but didn't real post any data, it was kind of "because I said so". Perhaps it's because I often test stuff back-to-back and report what I find. Dunno. I gave up and went with another product with good potential, which I will test "for-better-or-for-worse".

Don is a smart guy, and a pioneer in CR performance, but he should not be surprised if he gathers negative reactions from folk. Planting mustard seeds seldom produces rose bushes.
2005 GMC 2500HD "Casper" 197mph+ clocked at Bville. 10.59@130. SuperStreet 3.0 Sledpull winner. Same truck.
2004 GMC 3500 "Big Blue" 13.10@103. Sledpull Winner.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #45
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat
As far as his injectors, you need to be on his soup list. I've been trying to get some for 2 years, as recently as 2 months ago, with zero luck. Don had posted on a Dmax board that he had injectors that improved mileage, dropped EGT's, and increased HP, but didn't real post any data, it was kind of "because I said so". Perhaps it's because I often test stuff back-to-back and report what I find. Dunno. I gave up and went with another product with good potential, which I will test "for-better-or-for-worse".

McRat,
Back in the day, 2000-2005, there was only one sledpulling clutch on the market that actually worked. I used it, and had fantastic results. Soon, SBC tried to market a dual disc puller, it failed miserably, and I cut SBC no slack whatsoever on the net.
Jump ahead to early 2005. A newly designed SBC puller showed up at my door. I called SBC, and asked them if they'd made a mistake? Nope try it!!

I did, and I won a championship with it. It worked just as they said it would.

The point is, look at the RISK they took giving their product to somebody who had no problem telling the public like it was.
Why?
Because SBC KNEW their product would do what it was supposed to.

If a dealer will not sell you a product, they either believe you will copy it and resell, or it may not quite be as awesome as the internet fluff that it came packaged in.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #46
Soup Nazi

Name: Soup Nazi
Title: The artist formerly known as Don M
Member`s Gallery
The 1000 HP CR, paper tiger, Dodge had a drag race this weekend.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #47
MADDOG

Name: MADDOG
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M
The 1000 HP CR, paper tiger, Dodge had a drag race this weekend.
HaHaHaHa that's funny right there. 1/8 mile dirt drag (something I will never do again) I think those sitting in the stands well tell you which truck makes some serious horsepower. When RebB can come close to a 6.48 in the 1/8 on a real drag strip then maybe you will have something to brag about Don.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #48
MADDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Wade,

Utah has a 20 to 22% CF applied. I see the runs all the time from up there.

998 / 1.2 = 831 HP.

No one is close to this run with a CR yet. You have no clue whats currently cookin in this truck. The technology used is not discussed in the open where it can be picked up and yakked all over the internet by sycophants.

No technical specs and graphs will be posted. This thing is insane and just getting going. I suspect the engine has a few hundred left. Hang on! Yee Haww
So what runs do you see all the time from Utah Don? Have you ever thought of being a stand up comedian?

Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #49
DrSpeed

Name: DrSpeed
Title: Unregistered User
Member`s Gallery
Don, that gives me some hope! Crazy!!!!

DK Diesel • Autometer • South Bend Clutch • One Up Offroad • Dynomite Diesel • Nitrous Express • Toyo Tires • CompuSTAR • Dynatrac • FASS • BD Diesel • AMP Research • Painless Performance • Titan Tanks • Fluidampr • Grand Rock Exhaust

Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #50
Soup Nazi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG
HaHaHaHa that's funny right there. 1/8 mile dirt drag (something I will never do again) I think those sitting in the stands well tell you which truck makes some serious horsepower. When RebB can come close to a 6.48 in the 1/8 on a real drag strip then maybe you will have something to brag about Don.

So, who won the dirt drag between you two?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #51
MADDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
So, who won the dirt drag between you two?
That's like asking a man if he owns a horse after you just sold him one.
Here's your sign!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 AM   #52
Soup Nazi

Member`s Gallery
I heard your truck ran good at the dirt drags, just not good enough to beat the paper tiger common rail.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #53
MADDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I heard your truck ran good at the dirt drags, just not good enough to beat the paper tiger common rail.
Yep Don this is truly a case where to much horsepower is not a good thing in a dirt drag.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #54
Soup Nazi

Member`s Gallery
I happen to know the MPH the paper tiger is capable of in a 1/4 mile. No ET data yet. The MPH is indicating to me the school bus is in real danger.

Not just on the dirt track.

Don~

Old 04-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #55
lukecline

Name: lukecline
Title: Kansas Kid
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG
That's like asking a man if he owns a horse after you just sold him one.
Here's your sign!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #56
MADDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I happen to know the MPH the paper tiger is capable of in a 1/4 mile. No ET data yet. The MPH is indicating to me the school bus is in real danger.

Not just on the dirt track.

Don~
So what your saying is you took out your trusty calculator from your pocket protector and then added a few things together and TADAHHHH!!!!! You have an instant 10 second 130+ mph truck. I think you should present this amazing plan to the to the NHRA and then drivers the likes of John Force could turn in their own calculations based on just dyno numbers, and then they could throw them all in a hat and then draw the winner. I got to hand it to you Don it would be a lot safer.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #57
duke1n

Name: duke1n
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
Keep it up guys this is great lol. Those smoke belching dinosaurs won't go extinct without a fight it seems. It's like watching Tyson or Ali past their prime but still trying to live the dream of being on top.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #58
nummit

Name: nummit
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1n
Keep it up guys this is great lol. Those smoke belching dinosaurs won't go extinct without a fight it seems. It's like watching Tyson or Ali past their prime but still trying to live the dream of being on top.

Are they going to start biting ears off?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #59
Soup Nazi

Member`s Gallery
Looks like the paper tiger gave MADDOG a parvo shot at the dirt drags this weekend.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #60
JD Dearden

Name: JD Dearden
Member`s Gallery
Wow a win on a dirt track there something to brag about.

Closed Thread