Control Arms

shortbusdriver

this guy
While the 4x4 truck is torn down for my build up I want to replace the stock control arms before I paint the frame. Going ahead with a 4 link rear suspension along with some pretty expensive adjustable shocks in all 4 corners so I dont want to leave the crappy stock control arms in there.

Was searching around and I like these (.: THUREN FABRICATION :. DODGE RAM CONTROL ARMS) but I cant find any for a 94-02 truck that will remain the stock height and around the stock tire size. Might go as big as a 33" tire but I dont see any reason I would go any bigger.

Any input on someplace I could pick up a decent set or a different set if this type is not up to par?

I am suspension fuk tarted so I need to ask, because I am still learning.

Last edited:
Top gun and DT Profab are ok choices. Thuren is a great choice. Call him up, or call Carli Suspension, and you'll have the best there is.

--Eric

I don't really see what it matters, as long as they are the correct length, and strong. Unless you're worried about rubbing. There's a company (can't remember them anymore) that will make them any length you need, with whatever thickness you need (within reason), for like 70 bucks each.

I'm not sure if they still make them as they aren't listed on their site anymore but you could always give KORE a call. I'm running their "race" control arms, fully adjustable heim joints that are rebuildable with removable brass bushings. Very stout. Pretty sure they could be adjusted down short enough for a stock suspension. I didn't pay that much but I think I remember them asking close to $2k for them though at one point.

download.jpg

If not those I'd do as said above and give Don Thuren a call and he'd fix you right up with anything you need

You may want to look at some that have a slight bend in them to give you more of a turning radius. I've seen alot of tubular and other aftermarket control arms get rub marks in them from less than full lock turns.

Either way the damn things are so easy to make they shouldn't be over $250 bucks. I'd vote Top Gun if i had to buy some, otherwise i'd just build my own.

I'm not sure if they still make them as they aren't listed on their site anymore but you could always give KORE a call. I'm running their "race" control arms, fully adjustable heim joints that are rebuildable with removable brass bushings. Very stout. Pretty sure they could be adjusted down short enough for a stock suspension. I didn't pay that much but I think I remember them asking close to $2k for them though at one point.

I'm running those too! I didn't know anyone else was these days though. Yes, very expensive, but good!

--Eric

Back