Good 4 - 6'' Lifts?

I have been happy with my fabtech so far(20,000 miles) wasnt to hard to install, I did help a buddy with a cognito after I did mine and have to say his is really well made and does have better geometry but does cost a bit more.

Jared

Best possible bolt-on IFS lift for the Chevies...imo, doesnt exist.

What does however is the best designed kit for each customers needs and requirements. For instance...have a customer on a budget that wants to keep the stock rims, yet run a 35" tire on them...without a doubt the BEST kit for that guy is the CST. Well constructed kit, many upgrades available, and clears stock backspacing.

However, so someone that is more abusive on their frontend, wants aftermarket rims, etc...I like the Cognito. This kit is better on the balljoints, and has the most addons and upgrades out there (idler and pitman supports...for sledpulling :evil )

I recommended RCD in this case because its hands down the best ride quality straight out of the package (bilsteins), awesome quality, and moderately priced; they always seem to get to me in the best condition too. This kit set down to 4.5" makes for some nice CV angles too.

Those are just my top 3, that usually cover each type of customer. I also like Full-Traction, Rize (not yet released), Fabtech, etc....they all have their place on certain trucks.

JacktheBear3 said:
Jess was not saying it was the best or installed nicest.... He said for the "budget minded install" it would fit the bill best.

Jess knows suspensions stuff, and would most likely recommend Cognito to any ISF GM customer if that customer was looking for the BEST.

If I'm wrong here, please correct me JESS.

X2 for Tough Country. I know of several people sled pulling and drag racing on these lifts with no problems (two of which are in the 700-800hp range). VERY reasonbly priced and very simple install

Im looking at the tough country due to the lift holding up well to sled pulling and minimal front track width addition. Can the 6'' T C lift be set to 5'' and ride nice? 6'' is a tick to high for me at this time and i'd like to be taller than 4''. Thanks

garageimage.php

attachment.php

44.jpg

Cognito as a mfg. has the most suspension upgrades to build a very complete and strong IFS HD truck. They have 2 different style 4" kits, 1 that is a NTB drop and 1 that drops the Torsion bars like most on the market. Set @ 4" the Cognito will provide OE/Factory front end working angles. What does that mean, longer lasting OE parts and a stronger over all front end. Match there kit up with a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks and your truck will ride GREAT.

Some people say that the Cognito is high priced and they don't want to spend that money but look at it this way the options are what makes the price more. Pick your options and look at the gain of strength in your front end and it will make since. Comparing a STRIPPED down Cognito 4" the price of the kit is in the same area of most on the market.

Oh and if reading this you didn't already know but I say Cognito and all the upgrades or as many that fit your budget is my pick.

If you need more info on it let me know. I can help on the tech part and Jesse has Cognito so I'm sure he can take care of you on a package.

Nor-Cal Nick

id have to say dollar for dollar fab tech and procomp are the best kits, cst kit are the best performing but also the most money. what about a leveling kit n h2wheels n tires looks pretty nice n would last the longest because ur not really changing anything

id have to say dollar for dollar fab tech and procomp are the best kits, cst kit are the best performing but also the most money. what about a leveling kit n h2wheels n tires looks pretty nice n would last the longest because ur not really changing anything

31.jpg

33.jpg

32.jpg

Leveling kits are the #1 mod that people over look what they are doing to there suspension. I would not call "maxing your travel out" the longest lasting. You are changing how the front end work drastically if not done with in reason. Over preloading/leveling your truck can make the ride suffer and the life of your ball joints and steering will ware faster. This same issue is the same if you take a lift kit such as a 4" and max it out to a 6-7" to clear larger tires than the lift manufacture suggests. There are aftermarket product that will help with the issue's that come with this. The one company that makes alot of upgraded steering products is Cognito Motorsports.

Last edited:
Back