47re: loud pop and no forward gears, but has reverse.

SPEEDSHIFT

Went out to the track for some testing last night and broke something in the transmission. I am just trying to figure out what i may be getting into.

Left the line at about 20lbs of boost on a really sticky track, and sprayed the truck at WOT. Hit second gear and locked the converter and had a loud, violent “pop” and the truck lost all forward gears. Got the track officials to pull me to the pits and found out reverse works fine, granted i didnt drive it around.

My initial thought was i broke an input shaft, but since reverse works i am kinda stumped. Anybody have any ideas on what could have broke? Planetary? Band?

I appreciate the help!

Well, yall were right!

Clean break at the intermediate shaft. Nothing else was hurt.

32d42f13b8aedea859f63326c08333b3.jpg

ced74269aa9e6ab085be951807bb8dab.jpg

Interesting, I've broken two down at the other end right where the selective spacer is. Wonder what causes the breaks to happen in different places. Glad you got it figured out, time to pony up for the expensive shaft!

Interesting, I've broken two down at the other end right where the selective spacer is. Wonder what causes the breaks to happen in different places. Glad you got it figured out, time to pony up for the expensive shaft!

Problem is I have a standard TCS input shaft in this trans also, I should probably upgrade both to an Aremet input and Maraging intermediate. :bang

Anybody have an idea what is going on with these marks on the bellvue spring? Looks like it is hitting on the step plate for the clutches. How can I fix it?

c18aa56b7eaa4b9a15f1317d21c3fff5.jpg

I can't see the pic clear on my phone, does it look like it's bending? I had to go with a "billet" bell spring with mine to solve that issue.

How much line pressure are you running? Like the guy above said, I think they tend to wanna collapse over 200psi

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have no idea what the pressure is set at. I use an unmodified Georend FMVB.

I'd check pressure with a gauge especially after breaking the intermediate and bending the bell spring. I drilled a hole in the trans case and tapped it for a npt plug for access to the pressure screw without dropping pan.

I'd check pressure with a gauge especially after breaking the intermediate and bending the bell spring. I drilled a hole in the trans case and tapped it for a npt plug for access to the pressure screw without dropping pan.
Post pics of said access hole would you, I planned on doing this but seeing pics would be nice

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back