Solidworks CAD/CAM Diesel Repository

I have the files that I used to build my header flanges, but I dont know how to post them. I can email them if you guys would like, these files cost me almost $700, so please enjoy...

I have 24v and 12v versions, they are already setup for waterjet as well.

I don't have any of these files...however, if anyone wants to send me parts, I'll be glad to make you the files and any changes you want done. There is always a way to improve stuff. :D

Or better yet, send me some electronic blue prints and I'll create what ever you want.

I'll make you a pencil drawing and email you the PDF. THen you magically put it into a DXF.

Gravy. As long as it has dimensions.....and you don't sent me a pencil drawing of a dog turd or something.

I sometime convert pdfs to jpeg, paste the jpeg into AutoCAD, trace the part, then scale it. Save as dwg. Open Solidworks, import the 2D sketch, and extrude. Wolla, 3D. LOL

Gravy. As long as it has dimensions.....and you don't sent me a pencil drawing of a dog turd or something.

I sometime convert pdfs to jpeg, paste the jpeg into AutoCAD, trace the part, then scale it. Save as dwg. Open Solidworks, import the 2D sketch, and extrude. Wolla, 3D. LOL
Thanks for the help Jory. :Cheer:

I'll be sending you some more.

Talk about going around your Elbow to get to the Asshole. :bang

Thanks for the help Jory. :Cheer:

I'll be sending you some more.

No problem. Out of all the bs, it feels good to contribute something serious to the site for a change. LOL

Talk about going around your Elbow to get to the Asshole. :bang

Do what ya got ta do, Jimmy. :) The best thing to do is to start fresh and do it correctly. But sometimes it is just too complex so you get it close with a few exports and then tweak....not twerk.

If I sent you a actual piece could you 3d and 2d model draw it and to scale?

Sure...as long as it's not a turbo or some crazy effed up thing with a billion splines and lofts and crap. Most any sheet metal or machined parts are pretty simple. The best way to do it is to draw it 3D from scratch. Then I can export any 2D file format known to the free world.

You can skip the AutoCAD/DWG step if you want. Maybe you know this. In Solidworks with an active sketch open.... Tools -> Sketch Tools -> Sketch Picture.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ezQMdtyW4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ezQMdtyW4[/ame]

Last edited:
Back