Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diablo Sport
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #41
chevyinlinesix

Name: chevyinlinesix
Title: Eyre Flow Headers
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse1812 View Post
its not
Yes it is.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #42
straight_six

Name: straight_six
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyinlinesix View Post
Yes it is.

Nope....

Old 04-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #43
StainlessRRA

Name: StainlessRRA
Title: Advocatus diaboli
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yes it is.
You really think so?

By the way, that line in your sig.... F**king stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
It would have helped if the picture didn't look like a Helen Keller Painting.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #44
chevyinlinesix

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessRRA View Post
You really think so?

By the way, that line in your sig.... F**king stupid.
Being a customer, I can guarantee you yes. Their unprofessionalism speaks volumes.

Nice to see you guys like to perpetuate stereotypes

Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #45
StainlessRRA

Name: StainlessRRA
Title: Advocatus diaboli
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Being a customer, I can guarantee you yes. Their unprofessionalism speaks volumes.

On another forum that may be so, but compd is a world of its own.

Although I pegged you wrong, I expected a simple sense of humor and poor grammar. For that I apologize.(We've had quite the influx of morons lately)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
It would have helped if the picture didn't look like a Helen Keller Painting.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #46
SCHOOL BUS

Name: SCHOOL BUS
Title: DLRA T-O
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
EEeeeexactly.

Click the image to open in full size.
thats offensive

Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #47
woodsrat

Name: woodsrat
Title: NEW ERA DIESEL
Member`s Gallery
Thanks I needed this thread today. Now I can go to the shop and deal with morons.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #48
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

They are in no way being unprofessional, the seemed to have gone above and beyond to help out, can't really do much better.

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #49
chevyinlinesix

Member`s Gallery
I agree that they did go above any beyond, I guess I was just kind of surprised about the attitude they seemed to have, but maybe I am just interpreting it wrong (that tends to happens when all you're reading is typed words).

As far as I know, you are supposed to keep your cool when dealing with customers (in public/open forum at least ). Maybe it would have been best for them to have called and talked to each other on the phone?

I don't really see a solution for the original poster though. He can't send them his ECM because as I understand it, this is his daily driver. They said that they were working on a fix, which does take time, however in this case it's probably longer than Axiom can wait (can't blame him for wanting to try and get that 6.0 to be reliable ).

It appears that Axiom is flabbergasted that the tuner does not work because it says it works on a 6.0 of that year, and that Diablosport says that they have been tuning them since they came out, yet don't have data of that calibration because it is too old. I kind of wonder what is so special about the calibration in his ECM?

Last edited by chevyinlinesix; 04-27-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling, what else?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #50
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
thats offensive
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #51
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
thats offensive
I thought you just sold it and graduated from the short bus? WHAT was I thinking?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #52
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I agree that they did go above any beyond, I guess I was just kind of surprised about the attitude they seemed to have,
welcome to CompD.... They're doing just fine..
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #53
01tireshredder

Name: 01tireshredder
Title: Diesel Speed Freak
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
I give you props for putting it together and getting it to work. You deserve an "atta-boy". But seeing how you are smart enough to do that then dumb enough to pull this little stunt towards Diablo....you lost all credability.

And tryin' to explain to me about what diesels are/were/aren't in what year model trucks, that's fine, but I think you best leave the other posters in this thread out of the "lesson." You must have no idea who you are talking to.

Anyone got a used "chip" for a 1st gen dodge?
Jory,
I got a Superchips out of my Avalanche. Should work just fine for ya though. If it don't work, well you know what to do.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #54
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I agree that they did go above any beyond, I guess I was just kind of surprised about the attitude they seemed to have, but maybe I am just interpreting it wrong (that tends to happens when all you're reading is typed words).

As far as I know, you are supposed to keep your cool when dealing with customers (in public/open forum at least ). Maybe it would have been best for them to have called and talked to each other on the phone?

I don't really see a solution for the original poster though. He can't send them his ECM because as I understand it, this is his daily driver. They said that they were working on a fix, which does take time, however in this case it's probably longer than Axiom can wait (can't blame him for wanting to try and get that 6.0 to be reliable ).

It appears that Axiom is flabbergasted that the tuner does not work because it says it works on a 6.0 of that year, and that Diablosport says that they have been tuning them since they came out, yet don't have data of that calibration because it is too old. I kind of wonder what is so special about the calibration in his ECM?

So who's fault do you think it is that there is not a programmer made for a conversion truck?????

whoever the truck with the diablo was bought from, it's their fault, its their problem, I wouldn't even be messing with this guy, wasting time............

Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #55
chevyinlinesix

Member`s Gallery
As far as I know the wiring and ECM is 100% stock Ford stuff. I am also pretty sure he can get a programmer for it, just not one from Diablosport, as they do not have that calibration ID in their system. Diablosport sounds like they probably could make a tune for it, but it is taking longer than Axiom is willing to wait.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #56
axiom

Name: axiom
Title: got Fodge ?
Member`s Gallery
its amazing how hard of a concept this seems to be to some people ...

the sheet metal is dodge that's it. the rest of the truck is a 2003 F250. ( ya ya i know shoulda bought a cummins.... but so far the only thing to crap out on this truck is the ICP sensor)

now diablosport claims to have been tuning the 6.0's since they came out... if that's the case then why is it so hard to get a tune for a truck they've been tuning since 03 ? they've tuned them before ... so WTF is so hard about doing it again ?

the tuner is designed and advertised for the 03 - 05 6.0. the tuner reads the trucks PID's but will not go farther then 85% when attempting to tune the ECM. the device itself functions but the software does not. so for the cheerleaders who would you complain to ?

if its more money they want then they should have said " we'll need to make a custom tune for your application " but they did not. i asked about wiping the memory and using an old crom file but they cant do that either. i got an answer about windows based PC's and legacy software...

yes, they did say they'd flash my ECM. ford said they'd do that too for an estimated $400. lets say for ****s n' giggles i do get it flashed it brings in a new problem with diablo the dreaded "VXCF9DB" CAL. there are many a thread on their site with people waiting months for a solution. shipping my ECM and not having my truck run for a week or more is out of the question its a daily driven truck.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #57
Mike@Diablo

Name: Mike@Diablo
Title: Diablo Tech Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiom View Post
its amazing how hard of a concept this seems to be to some people ...

the sheet metal is dodge that's it. the rest of the truck is a 2003 F250. ( ya ya i know shoulda bought a cummins.... but so far the only thing to crap out on this truck is the ICP sensor)

now diablosport claims to have been tuning the 6.0's since they came out... if that's the case then why is it so hard to get a tune for a truck they've been tuning since 03 ? they've tuned them before ... so WTF is so hard about doing it again ?

the tuner is designed and advertised for the 03 - 05 6.0. the tuner reads the trucks PID's but will not go farther then 85% when attempting to tune the ECM. the device itself functions but the software does not. so for the cheerleaders who would you complain to ?

if its more money they want then they should have said " we'll need to make a custom tune for your application " but they did not. i asked about wiping the memory and using an old crom file but they cant do that either. i got an answer about windows based PC's and legacy software...

yes, they did say they'd flash my ECM. ford said they'd do that too for an estimated $400. lets say for ****s n' giggles i do get it flashed it brings in a new problem with diablo the dreaded "VXCF9DB" CAL. there are many a thread on their site with people waiting months for a solution. shipping my ECM and not having my truck run for a week or more is out of the question its a daily driven truck.
VXCF9 is a 05-up cal....

561-908-0040
Visit our NEW website!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #58
Mike@Diablo

Name: Mike@Diablo
Title: Diablo Tech Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
Well since I get dragged into this...

VXAM2N5 = DAX0
Out of curiosity, since I am not personally familiar with these older cals, is this something you come across often?

Do you have any customers running this calid in the field currently?

561-908-0040
Visit our NEW website!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #59
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiom View Post
shipping my ECM and not having my truck run for a week or more is out of the question its a daily driven truck.
Then STFU and buy another tuner.... You have yet to spend a dime with these guys and yet they need to somehow get your problem solved without any inconvenience to you? You need to have your freaking head checked....
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #60
TravisG

Name: TravisG
Title: #THEREALLAVONMILLER
Member`s Gallery
Dude- They said they would work with you and you still haven't spent one red Canadian penny with them!! I don't think your helping your cause at all. Now I have to go take some aspirin....all this talk of calid and x43984 etc has given me a headache.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel plate.jpg (11.2 KB, 18 views)

Closed Thread