Cylinder head updates

Thanks guys. The street head will be machined for connector tubes.

This means it's for a common rail 24valve correct? It's not a vp head?

I'd be VERY interested in one for my 2006, fully built short block with cut Pistons and a diesel pros can (yeah I know lol) fuel, air, and a tranny. I'm at 852rwhp on a BONE STOCK head and intake horn!

I think it's a 6.7 head, which I don't think would be a problem to run on a 5.9. The only difference being the two steam holes in between each cylinder.

Congrats on the child Zach! Hope it and the mother are in good health! Good things come to good people who work hard!

I think it's a 6.7 head, which I don't think would be a problem to run on a 5.9. The only difference being the two steam holes in between each cylinder.

That's what I was understanding, but when a see it called a 24 valve head I think vp type head. I'm really curious to know prices and stages they are going to come in.

Zach, how do the street heads differ from stock? Im guessing theyre a compromise between higher port velocity (OEM levels) and volume for higher RPM power?
Have any flow numbers yet? I might look into one at some point. The original 12v head was too biased to high rpm flow for my application. Im sure my tired motor and lower compression didnt help that any.

Sweet, I'm still interested in taking you up on your offer sometime this summer. I've got a GoPro, I think some comparison videos of just a head swap would be pretty cool..?

Sent from phone

First article should be ready in the next week on the new 6.7l solid blocks. Just had 5pcs aired in of the new 12v street heads. They flow more than I would have imagined they would. We were shooting for 180cfm+/- but after some time on the flow bench, they came in at 195CFM on the intake and 190CFM exhaust.

Both intake and exhaust use a 1.750" valve

intake/swirl- exhaust
.100" 61/750-62
.200" 100/1200-103
.300" 145/2100-130
.400" 170/2600-160
.500" 190/3250-180
.600" 195/3600-188
.650" 195/3700-190

As you can see, the low lift flow is improved over earlier larger valve versions, plus swirl is up quite a bit. Both of these gains will greatly aid in throttle response and reductions in part throttle smoke associated with our older larger port, low swirl heads.

We have 5 pieces in now, ready to sell and Plenty more that will be here in the next few weeks. $1599

Cheers,

Zach

Soo what kind of numbers can you give me on the warhead? Would it work well with a compound setup on a drag truck? How about a price? Would I work with the O/S valves you sell or would I need to go larger? (I have a set I was saving for my next head and wanted more than your new street head..) thanks!

Zach, I bought the original 12v head and it was also too smokey off idle for me. I think per your recommendations we unshrouded the intake valves and ran the p2v clearance really tight to help low lift flow.
Have you ever flow-benched a head that was setup like that as a comparison, or have those measurements taken from the other 12v head to reference?

Zach, I bought the original 12v head and it was also too smokey off idle for me. I think per your recommendations we unshrouded the intake valves and ran the p2v clearance really tight to help low lift flow.
Have you ever flow-benched a head that was setup like that as a comparison, or have those measurements taken from the other 12v head to reference?

Any chance you want to sell it?

Levi, I sent it back to Zach ages ago. Long story, but Id buy another in a heartbeat if I had the money to make all the other mods necessary to make that head work properly on the truck. I didnt have the air or the compression to make the low end smoke-free.

our old head was a mix of the war head and the street head and did both marginally. I would encourage you to figure out what you want out of this engine and either go all the way or go, fairly mean with the street head...

Cheers,
zach

Back