Won't idle after mods...

Austin296

So I just put the motor back together after doing some mods and the truck will start, but won't idle unless I give it a small amount of throttle.

Here's what ive done to the truck so far
-KDP Fix
-Head bolt retorque to 120 ft-lb
-Heater Grid Delete
-Retimed P-Pump to 17 deg
-5 x .012 Injectors
-Fuel Plate # 10 full forward
-AFC Mods based on this post - http://www.dieselram.com/showthread.php?t=184069

Per that post, I used compressed air to set star wheel so that the AFC arm to full open at 20psi. I set the smoke screw to where it is just barely pressing on the arm.

I wasn't paying attention to the settings when I took it apart...

Is it as simple as turning the smoke screw in? Is there anything else I should adjust at this point to get it to idle?

The fine tuning will happen later, since the whole front of the truck is ripped off in preparation for this to go into a 38 Chevy Pickup.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pretty much anything you touch on the PPump is going to affect your idle. Mess with your idle (10mm double nut on the bottom back) and call it a day.

When you start racking barrels and changing gov springs will have to adjust again.

Pretty much anything you touch on the PPump is going to affect your idle. Mess with your idle (10mm double nut on the bottom back) and call it a day.

When you start racking barrels and changing gov springs will have to adjust again.

This

Back