Long term reviews?

BigPapa

Truckless
Well, who has one and how do you like it? Had any problems? What kind of mileage are you getting?

My son is in the market. He wants a diesel but has no need for a full size 3/4 ton.

My brother has one that he seems to be pleased with. He had an ECM/PCM issue right after he bought it but I don’t think he’s had a problem since.

Well, who has one and how do you like it? Had any problems? What kind of mileage are you getting?

My son is in the market. He wants a diesel but has no need for a full size 3/4 ton.

My brother has one that he seems to be pleased with. He had an ECM/PCM issue right after he bought it but I don’t think he’s had a problem since.

The 2.8l Duramax is basically the same motor that's in my jeep except it's emission compliant, they even sound the same. I met an adjuster one time in San Antonio that had one and he traveled ALOT and loved it.

So this thing isn’t a “Duramax” at all? I figured it was like half a DMax V8.

So, the VM Motori is basically the same engine that was and is used in several Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeeps. Am I mistaken or didn’t those engines have several serious issues?

And, the V6 in the EcoDiesel has had several issues as well?

Last edited:
Local guy has one and put a lot of miles on it, hates the emissions system always giving him crap. Finally traded it on a gasser GMC Canyon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this thing isn’t a “Duramax” at all? I figured it was like half a DMax V8.

So, the VM Motori is basically the same engine that was and is used in several Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeeps. Am I mistaken or didn’t those engines have several serious issues?

And, the V6 in the EcoDiesel has had several issues as well?

Not really "same" but designed from and evolved from the 2.8l CRD. It really is a bada$$ little motor and impresses the hell out of me for what it is.

Yes, the 2.8L Duramax is a cousin of the Jeep CRD 2.8L from VM Motori Diesel News, Info and Guides

Is the Colorado 2.8L Diesel the same VM 2.8 that Jeep had in the Liberty?

Last edited:
I just saw this posted on TDR.

2020 Chevy Duramax 1500:

Chevy Expedition Portal

40+mpg averages on a 25 mile test loop. EPA assigned economy numbers of 33/23 for RWD and 29/23 for 4x4. Aluminum I-6 with dual overhead cams.

Last edited:
I just saw this posted on TDR.

2020 Chevy Duramax 1500:

Chevy Expedition Portal

40+mpg averages on a 25 mile test loop. EPA assigned economy numbers of 33/23 for RWD and 29/23 for 4x4. Aluminum I-6 with dual overhead cams.

I haven’t driven or seen one yet but went to a class on the new engine and did a few web based courses on them. They seem like they are going to do well but time will tell.

The new gas engines with the sliding camshafts really had me looking at the 401k and seeing if I thought I could retire on it.... I pray none of them go bad and I never have to work on one!

As for the Colorado, I’d own one if I needed something like that. I see very few come threw with any issues. Most issues I see is people not using them and the after treatment system needing service. AKA drive the damn truck on the freeway when it tells you too.

I got to drive the new 10 speed “Allison” the other day and that was smooooooooth!

Back