Maaco paint job.

Hit up the High School's that all we did when I was in school. Are principal got a full rebuild with a show finish interior exterior engine trans paint for nothing.. It takes some time but we always had good work come out of there.

The tech high school around here puts out some GOOD work. Yes there are some kids who do give 2 sh#ts..... but there are plenty of others who love working/painting on cars.

around here it is all materials + 10%

The local MAACO guy near me had a Bentley Limo setting outside the shop he just finished, next to it was a bagged shoebox chevy and setting next the the shoebox was a newer Vette and a humoungous F350 with a custom paint job...Just seeing the Bentley was enough to sell me cause if someone is willing to let them paint their 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar limousine, he HAS to be good...

+1 on the highschools having some good potential. Both my parents worked at a vo-tech high school and we had almost every vehicle we owned painted there. At the time, I was the same age as the students there and talked with a bunch of them. Those kids are in a vo-tech school to learn a trade, in this case body work. If they screw up there, they know that its going to be that much more difficult to find a career in auto body. Besides, most of them wanted to do a better job than their peers so they put a lot of time and effort into their work.

That being said, don't leave anything of value in your vehicle. I lost a head unit and 2 amps. :hehe:

The local MAACO guy near me had a Bentley Limo setting outside the shop he just finished, next to it was a bagged shoebox chevy and setting next the the shoebox was a newer Vette and a humoungous F350 with a custom paint job...Just seeing the Bentley was enough to sell me cause if someone is willing to let them paint their 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar limousine, he HAS to be good...

Um, no

I had maaco paint a car I had a few years, I told them don't do any body work just prep it and paint it, and for 400 dollars it came out pretty good, they only screwed up a few spots, and they were very minor. no paint on the windows or locks or anywhere it wasn't already, then my dad had maaco paint his 95 ram and had them do the 1000 dollar paint job and it came out pretty good, the only thing they painted over was the antenna base that's on the fender, the truck is never garaged and 3yrs later it still looks good.

ahhhh..... the perks of having family in the body/paint business LOL

im gettin my truck prepped for free (as long as i help) sprayed for 10 an hour, plus 150 bucks to rent the booth

The maaco chit I've seen looks like a paint roller was used for the larger areas, curves made them use a broom.

^^^^ he is right the maco in Albuquerque sucks bad. I'm not saying the shop I work at is the best but me only being in the paint side for two months I know maco can't paint or color match

Not every Maaco is the same. Some do awsome work, some really suck and the paint will come off in the carwash.

This is a dead on statement.

I shopped around here in Denver and visited 2 Maaco shops. The 1st one was in Northglenn and had only been open 2 or 3 months. I saw some of their work in the parking lot. It was horrendous.

Visited the shop in Commerce City and the work was much better. I stripped everything off and paint has been done 7 years now.

Go to the high school, I was in a technical high school for body/paint and if the teacher has any pride in what he does he will make sure it gets done right. I went to state competitions for painting for my school and every vehicle that came into our shop the two years I was in the program was painted by me or by my buddy who was good at painting also. The teacher will make sure its done wright and if its not it will probably get redone or atleast that's how my teacher was...

I had a small town body shop do the work for me it 3,500 bucks by the time i got two new front fenders a new cowl hood redid both rockers and sills

The truck should be done here in a couple weeks they said, ill post some pics... I havent seen it in a couple months. LOL

Ya not to fond of MAACO used to work for a body shop and we had to charge extra for removing Macco work and repainting it.....Im going to be painting my truck so it will only cost in materials if I were to have someone else do it it would be around 6k for an awesome paint job which is about right

Back