VE Tech

I recently bought a Bosch test bench, and ran my first VE on it the other day. Unfortunately, my bench isn't big enough. At around 200cc (later i realized this was with my test nozzles set at 2500psi when they should have been at 3500) my bench struggled with it. It's only 5 horse with a hydrostatic drive, but I was hoping it would handle a 300cc VE.

Anyhow, along with the bench I also got some other VE odds and ends.

The shim that goes in between the rotor and cam plate. I have different thicknesses. Anyone know why there's different ones, how to tell if you need to change thickness, and the effect that a different thickness would have?

Same goes with the little button on the end of the governor spool, the piece that contacts the fulcrum lever. Different thicknesses on those. Anyone know when and why to change?

I'm planning on making a set of adapters to put 5.9 injectors on it so I can get some realistic figures by using the injectors that will be run with a given pump.

Been figuring a few things out. Making a set of adapters right now to put 12V injectors on my test bench to get some real life figures on CC's.

Ordered a 14mm head for another project.

Planning on putting together a 12mm test mule pump just for R&D as soon as I get caught up with customers pumps.

I'd love to figure out a way to redirect fuel from the transfer pump to the head. passing through all the moving pump internals makes for awful fuel quality.

The issue with ve pumps is at high rpm the plunger full time is so short .. better cams and springs help but they don't last ..micro blue the 14mm Plunger and I feel they would last

Last edited:
Back