Aisin and 3:73

1066smoker

Guys I'm about ready to place an order for a new truck. Before I did I was hoping someone could chime in about having an Aisin and 3:73 rear. The truck will be doing anything from daily commuting, heavy hauling (grossing 31k or more) to hauling cattle cross country.

My last 2 06 trucks were 4:10s (one a g56, and the other a auto) while the pulled everything I wanted they sucked on highway driving.

I guess I'm hoping the 3:73 with a 6spd auto make driving long distances more tolerable without sacrificing my hauling needs.

4:10's with my 4500. About 2000rpm at 70mph. I wouldn't want any taller gear towing heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tow heavy with a g56 and 3.42s...
Is it perfect? Probably not, but it doesn't give me any problems. I think an Aisin and 3.73 would be a nice combo, but I don't have experience with one.

You know the aisin had no projected date to be able to be tuned? That may or may not matter to you.

Thanks for the input guys.

mfsuper, for once in my life I think I'll leave something alone. I've never had a new truck so I'm going to enjoy it. Maybe deletes with a tune after warranty.

I tow heavy with a g56 and 3.42s...
Is it perfect? Probably not, but it doesn't give me any problems. I think an Aisin and 3.73 would be a nice combo, but I don't have experience with one.

You know the aisin had no projected date to be able to be tuned? That may or may not matter to you.

Hardway and HPP tune the AISIN transmissions.

Are you certain of that? I know some efi tuners list the aisin when selecting vehicle tuning but its only so they know what trans

Yes, have personally tuned 2015 3500 truck with a Aisin.

Any info on how they are doing it ? I know its not via the ecm.

Just tuned with EFI live. Not sure what if anything was changed in the TCM but I do know some test tunes didn't shift the greatest. HPP is the one I would talk to as to if and what can be modified in the TCM.

Last edited:
Back