6.7 injectors into a 5.9 head?

Joesixpack

Pull'n it.
Will the CRIN3 (6.7 injectors) and cross tubes fit and seal properly in the 5.9 head were CRIN1.6 injectors are?

i thought i saw were you need 03-04 injectors, to match the spray pattern on the pistons, i believe they are both similar????

I cant say if the 6.7 injector will drop into the 5.9 head from memory. It has been 3 years since I went down this road. I seem to recall that it will NOT fit. The 6.7 has a radius on the bottom of the body. The 5.9 is flat. I dont see a reason for the radius other than to help avoid getting the wrong injector into the wrong engine.

Further, we could not get the 6.7 injector to run with the 5.9 ECM. This may be another issue we had though. I would like to visit this again one day. I have a ton of available information on the 6.7 injectors.

If I'm not mistaken the 6.7 head is even the same casting as the 06 and up....they must fit.
Send Chris at Jefferson State Diesel(5150ram) a PM. He has all my 6.7 stuff and a 5.9 common rail head. He might be able to tell you.

I have some work to do this morning, later today i can try to fit the injector from the 6.7 into a 5.9 cr head.

Further, we could not get the 6.7 injector to run with the 5.9 ECM. This may be another issue we had though. I would like to visit this again one day. I have a ton of available information on the 6.7 injectors.

I know someone that's running 6.7 injectors with a 5.9 ECM. I hope to be as well in the next few weeks...

there are a couple guys running 5.9 injectors in the 6.7 head and if there was some difference in the injector bodies then it wouldn't work the other way.

BTW, stainless steel is availabe for the 5.9 injectors as well as a newly designed nozzle and body that helps longevity.

If a guy had some of the 6.7 stix laying around I could see the benefit.

I can see someone machining the radius off the 6.7 injector pretty easily.

if you are saying that they are radius then wouldn't the head be cast the same way and the 5.9 injectors wouldn't fit in the 6.7 head. i know guys that are already running 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head with out modifying the injectors. if i remember correctly that the 6.7 injector required more amperage to operate than the 5.9 injectors

As I posted above, the 5.9 injector is flat where the 6.7 has a small radius. It could be a problem or it could not. I am not able to get to my old notes right this minute. I am currently at the wrong shop. My memory seems to be leading down the road that a 6.7 injector will not fit a 5.9 head.

A flat injector would not care of the radius was not in the head, but a head without a radius machined in it sure would the other way around. Clear as mud now? Im trying here.

Back