Tug-fest

This is a post made by gossards on Facebook.com about a fellow puller

"We have some whining on Competition Diesel today about all of the beer and boobies at Tug-A-Truck....ummm GAY!!! It's ok KRAIGER... We won't make you taste the rainbow lol"

This post was in response to Kraiger's post on this site
"This is classy, plus a big reason an argument was started on this forum last year of why more diesel guys dont tug a truck. Because of the out look of the sport such as this. Sorry NADM for this post but it needs to be said. To each there own. Sorry if you have to sell you event by boobs and beer. thats just sad."

I would like to say thank to all the Gossards for making this sport worse!!! You give all us pullers a bad name. You would think business owners would have to look good to the public. But I guess not you guys! For your very Immature posts, I will never attend any of your events and I will do my best to turn other pullers away from your pulls. :bs:

CONGRATS TO TUG-FEST AT SUCCEEDING AT MAKING OUR SPORT FAIL!!!!

I also hope that the admins noticed that on this site you only post crap about your events. You have nothing to offer to this site!!!!

I don't know everthing about the diesel community, but at least I make some effort to help others. Not just promoting my stuff to make more money for myself!

People_Who_Care.jpg

Forrest, I understand why you post that. It's dumb posts that they make to give that motorsport a bad view in the public's eyes.

I thank you again TUG-FEST!

This is a post made by gossards on Facebook.com about a fellow puller

"We have some whining on Competition Diesel today about all of the beer and boobies at Tug-A-Truck....ummm GAY!!! It's ok KRAIGER... We won't make you taste the rainbow lol"

This post was in response to Kraiger's post on this site
"This is classy, plus a big reason an argument was started on this forum last year of why more diesel guys dont tug a truck. Because of the out look of the sport such as this. Sorry NADM for this post but it needs to be said. To each there own. Sorry if you have to sell you event by boobs and beer. thats just sad."

I would like to say thank to all the Gossards for making this sport worse!!! You give all us pullers a bad name. You would think business owners would have to look good to the public. But I guess not you guys! For your very Immature posts, I will never attend any of your events and I will do my best to turn other pullers away from your pulls. :bs:

CONGRATS TO TUG-FEST AT SUCCEEDING AT MAKING OUR SPORT FAIL!!!!

Just exactly how are they givin our sport a bad name??? and how are they making it worse?? and they do look good in the public, buissness is buissness.
Why are you so worried about tug-fest anyway?? your have already made it loud and clear that your going to truck wars.. I thought you were gonna sled pull??? Im sure if your at a pull you will be having a few to drink, and if there is boobs flashin` Im sure you wont look the other way!! and if you do well shame on you LOL. no need to be a **** thrower

Thats not the issue. Its the way the promote it has nnothing to do with the competition and all about money. They are trying to get more people in because of women and beer and the pullers will see no more money. Yes they uped the amount of payout to match the other event across town on the same night but still very un professional. We all know what happends at pull. You dont have to promote it, Just promote the event that is at hand, Unless your Party is the main event and a pull is the back burner. Look at BG sled pull or Schied. Whats the main thing that they promote? The PULL.

and lance, look at what every outsider says about our sport. A bunch of drunkin rednecks pullin. That was what the argument lastyear was about. Why not add a little bit of professinalism to what your promoting. What happends at the pull happends but dont put that trash all over for people to read.

Last edited:
they have done a good job about promoting the pull and the sled pull. pay out is just what needs to be done, and now everyone is doing it. not just them. all the events in the OTA have jacked their payouts up

so when some one matches a pay out or well even pays more than someone, thats bein un-professional??? its like ford chevy and dodge competing in the torque wars. and its always been about the event the pullers and the fun. money is a plus.. but if it was about the money then im pretty sure they would be putting on more than just a couple pulls a year!

Ummmm. if your crying becaus ethere boobs being flashed maybe you should say no alchol.. all those girls/women go in there and get plastard and then tops come off... If her top comes off without a beer in her or a drink then shes a slut plain and simple.... Im not sure what your *****ing about.. how in the world can you honestly try to take a redneck sport where you still allow alchol to be brought in by the cooler....mind you not checking id's and then ***** becuase people get crazy... maybe you should all give your group ice cream and tampons when they enter.

Lance, I see what you're saying. I understand that beer and women show up there. It is what it is. If a hot female lifts her shirt, heck yea i'll look. Do I drink and then go pull. NOPE. not this guy. I'll be pulling that weekend hopefully with both trucks, but the newer powerwagon will be sled pulling mostly. It doesn't matter which pull i'm going to. If one event promotes one thing, the other event will get the same stereotype. That's just the way it is.

And Lance, wouldn't you like the sport to be around for another couple of years? Some fairs aren't doing pulls this year, and there is a decent amount of people that sold their trucks.

Does TS, Schied, or any major pulling, racing event promote that "Hey come get chit face drunk, and look at naked girls"? No, they don't. They promote the pull itself. Does the rest happen? Yes. but it isn't advertised to ruin the sport!!

tits and beer happen. that's as simple as that. If they want to promote that. Then just have a party.

And I think it's Great that Gossards raised their payout this year. That helps get more people involved in the sport.

and I dont see one place where they have promoted naked girls.. and yeah budweiser is a sponsor of the event, there will be a beer garden just like at the fair.

Thanks jason thats exactly what i was saying. Who cares what happends at the event. Thats not the issue. Its the out look on the sport that pulls everything down when you in public promote that your having naked girls and getting trashed. I dont mind either of those things but when your trying to build a sport to bring in big money from pullers and sponsers, you dont advertise that stuff. Also it looks bad on the community as well. Think im wrong?? before you respond ask some neighbors.

and outalaw. im not crying a drop. Its not my image that is being hurt here.. Its just the sport and gossards that look bad. People may not speak up but thats fine i will. Stop trashing up our sport. Beer, naked girls it happends Cool. The public does not need to know. Make them think its a clean smooth running event. Steriotypes are all people go by now a days and tug fest is getting a bad one right now.

and I dont see one place where they have promoted naked girls.. and yeah budweiser is a sponsor of the event, there will be a beer garden just like at the fair.

I'm all for the beer garden. if it's like the fair, you can't leave the tent with the beer. Even if you do, hopefully they don't get in a pulling truck!

and lance, look at what every outsider says about our sport. A bunch of drunkin rednecks pullin. That was what the argument lastyear was about. Why not add a little bit of professinalism to what your promoting. What happends at the pull happends but dont put that trash all over for people to read.

How professional can you be hooking bumpers?LOL

Thanks jason thats exactly what i was saying. Who cares what happends at the event. Thats not the issue. Its the out look on the sport that pulls everything down when you in public promote that your having naked girls and getting trashed. I dont mind either of those things but when your trying to build a sport to bring in big money from pullers and sponsers, you dont advertise that stuff. Also it looks bad on the community as well. Think im wrong?? before you respond ask some neighbors.

and outalaw. im not crying a drop. Its not my image that is being hurt here.. Its just the sport and gossards that look bad. People may not speak up but thats fine i will. Stop trashing up our sport. Beer, naked girls it happends Cool. The public does not need to know. Make them think its a clean smooth running event. Steriotypes are all people go by now a days and tug fest is getting a bad one right now.

Wait a moment here.... they are going to have some beer and some girls (not advertising any naked ones that I have seen... but anyway) - They are making it well known that you need to be of age and that it is not a family oriented event. If you were the unsuspecting public and you wanted to take your 12 year old son to this - I bet you would be PISSED if this is how it went down - where as this is advertised as not family friendly - it will not get the scrutiny from the people that show up thinking it is.

Honesty is the best policy.

Back