6BT F150/Expedition

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
Anyone ever see a 6B in a 97 or newer F150 or Expedition? I really would like to get a 8 passenger vehicle for the wife, and the Excursion is to large in general for her.

I have a well thought out VE engine here that I built for economy, and with as much running around as she does for kids in sports I really would like that engine.

I really don't like the idea of a 4B. Noisy, shaky, ect. in my opinion.

I have been pondering the same thing, they look pretty aerodynamic. I would set it up like the lightning, but crewcab and fleetside.

I believe it was farm boy fabrications out of Florida that had a f150 with a 6bt in it. They made solid axle conversions for that generation f150.

Hard to tell what all they did to that thing, wonder if there's clearance issues if a person wanted close to stock height.

Yea it seems if they have a bad motor the rest is ragged to, I've seen some fairly nice ones around reasonable though.

There is an 06 on one of my Facebook groups for 1100 with a bad trans. Everything else appears fine on the vehicle. I will look and see if I can find it.

EDIT* it was an explorer.

Last edited:
I called them before I did my solid axle swap on my 1999 and chatted about their cummins swap. If I remember correctly they have to cut and move the firewall back to have enough space to fit the cummins, and I also believe they said it would not fit with the stock ifs crossmembers but who knows. I was going to to a 4bt in mine but dropped the idea since the truck works so good as is and didn't want to have to go back through and change al the work I did for the solid axle swap and dual t cases.

I wondered about that, sas I wouldn't mind at all don't really want to get into major firewall mods though.

So now I have a 05 Eddie Bauer in my possession. It has 190k on it, it has spotless interior, and the exterior is a 7. It's been repainted and has rusty rockers, but is 100% dent free. The previous owner had someone put timing chains on it that didn't know what they were doing and couldn't get it running after that. Supposedly ran fine before.

It cost me $1600 and 8 hours of my time to have it sitting in my driveway, so I can't complain much.

It ticks when you crank it over, so I'm going to pull the cams, chains, and plugs and do a leakdown test to see if valvetrain and pistons have got to know each other too well. If it looks bad it may get a VE'd 12V shoehorned in it. There's more room between the transmission and radiator than I was expecting to see.

Back