Tires.....

injected79

Well iv used 33x15.50x18 dick cepek f/c II on 18x12 wheels , almost new 3514.50x16.5 boggers on 16.5x14 weld wheels, and 1/4 tread or less 35x12.5x20 mud grapplers on 20x12 wheels. and im not impressed with any of them. I know alot of people are liking the nitto 420's, hell iv sold the tires to most of them lol. Im in the market for something else. I dont want to run the 420's, i want to try something different.

Iv found a few i wouldnt mind trying, but would like to hear some of the your guys ideas

Sorry if this came off wrong, but they are not for sale. I was more interested in tires you guys have seen that you think may do well.

Run the Nitto's anywhere where the pad is smooth at about 25psi, Cut and groove the boggers and run them at sidney, troy and eldora. Get Pit Bull Rockers for Wapak or Eldora. BFG all terrains for Lima fairgrounds or the Nittos. Sell the Dick Cepeks $.02

Does anyone run Mickey Thompson ATZ, or ATZ radials? They are a good wide tire. Trying to learn about this some so I can maybe do an event or two next year.

i agree with shaw. thats about right. Van wert does good with sport kings, sometimes pit bulls, and nittos

Pit bulls seem to be taking the classes this year. And i bought a used set of sport kings after there success last year. Seem to dry good tread though. :doh: seems i need to save up the money for some new tires and work on my setup.

im still not set if your better off running a wider tire with more rubber on the ground, or a skinner tire that would have more pounds per square inch

Sorry Justen, I agree with Kraig. And when Four Wheeler or Peterson's did their tire review of it, on rocks the lugs will rip apart because of how they did the siping and the depth of the lugs. Find a tire that hooks on rocks.....and then you're on to something!! lol

ya that isn't happening

hell I had more then a few people with there panties in a bunch last year with some DOT approved rock crawling tires.

Yeah, people don't like when you beat them at their own game so they change the rules so you can't win....That is one of the most pathetic things a promoter can do...They should have tire size/type classes...37 and under DOT, 38 and over DOT, 37 and under ag, 38 and over ag, DOT Slicks, Slicks...

for a tire like that, or people who want to run slicks / cheater slicks i think they could run like a modified class.

I think you should of been able to run your tires black 4x4. I voted to let you run. I think it was that time you won 9500 at like 7700 that people got mad. But its not like you were unbeatable. I seen dot tires beet you. And i have never seen slicks or dot drag radials win so i don't care if people run them. And as far as im concerned classes won't help cause i don't think the slicks or drag radials are better so it would be kind of a class down in my opinion. and tire height doesn't really factor. I say run what you brung and hope you brought enough.

Hitch, you can't run them because you are a CHEATER!!!!!!! LOL

I agree though.... have a 6500lb and 9500lb classes of run what you brung.... just weight and hitch height, no rules of tires!!

I think you should of been able to run your tires black 4x4. I voted to let you run. I think it was that time you won 9500 at like 7700 that people got mad. But its not like you were unbeatable. I seen dot tires beet you. And i have never seen slicks or dot drag radials win so i don't care if people run them. And as far as im concerned classes won't help cause i don't think the slicks or drag radials are better so it would be kind of a class down in my opinion. and tire height doesn't really factor. I say run what you brung and hope you brought enough.
for the record that time I finished second in the 9000 class weighing 7800. and it doesn't matter what tire you have if you figure out how to dominate with it I'd be willing to bet it ends up band. and its always the same people that cry about it for instants the people that cried a river about my treps are doing the same thing about nitto 420s right know. Instead of figuring out a way to beat the person they just go cry to get the tire band.

My bad on the finishing. And in my opinion if you can't beat them join them. I got the biggest kick when they said no competition tires. Cause isn't tug a truck a competition? lol. This is a sport and it will take money. And the guy fresh off the street isn't going to win anyway so they can cut that bull. And i still think its cheaper then sled pulling. And it isn't just tires. I have learned there is a lot that goes into it. And i still don't know nearly enough. Or have the wallett to get the setup i want. But i still go out and get my but kicked from time to time. Its all fun. Eventually when i get out of school and have money ill pull more. I don't care what other people run for tires it just makes more competition which is good for the sport.

Back