Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Towing and Hauling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Towing and Hauling Towing, hauling, hitches, and trailer discussion can be found here

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 08:56 PM   #1
Got Smoke?

Name: Got Smoke?
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Winch Help? Won't power reverse

I have an older SE12000 Mile Marker winch that hasn't been willing to power reverse in a long time. It will sometimes spin just a fraction of a turn almost as if it binds and wont spin. Usually this gives me enough slack to release the clutch and free spin, but not always and with the clutch release being plastic I'm amazed I haven't broken it over the years.

I've bought a new remote, had a starter rebuilder buddy check the electric motor and he saw nothing wrong, and used this video ( Rewiring and Troubleshooting a Warn M8000 Winch - Part 1 - YouTube )to completely issolate the electric motor from the solenoids and jump it from a 12V battery and it does the same exact thing. It will pull in perfectly fine with remote and when bypassing the solenoids, I just used it yesterday to pull a utility trailer and a F550 up a muddy hill (seperately) but once we got the 550 to the top of the hill we had to hook another truck to it and get tension off my winch so I could release the clutch and reposition.

Anyone ever come across this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winch 1.jpg (359.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg winch 2.jpg (264.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg winch 4.jpg (216.8 KB, 0 views)

1997 2500 Jokerfab cyl head, PDR street cam, FDS benched pump, DFI 5x18's, HX35 63/67, FirePunk 47RE & anteater.

2003 Jetta TDI 5spd "DZL WGN" lot's of mods

Old 01-14-2023, 08:05 AM   #2
gwhammy

Name: gwhammy
Member`s Gallery
Have you pulled the cover to look at the planetary?

Old 01-22-2023, 08:16 AM   #3
Got Smoke?

Name: Got Smoke?
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhammy View Post
Have you pulled the cover to look at the planetary?
No I have not I started too one time and put the cover back on. I wanted to find my owners manual so I could have the assembly diaghram. Its on my to-do list along with 1000 other things.

I have it now and it has a complete parts list, but am worried I'll find a broken gear/etc and Milemarker wont be any help at all on getting a replacement because of its age.

1997 2500 Jokerfab cyl head, PDR street cam, FDS benched pump, DFI 5x18's, HX35 63/67, FirePunk 47RE & anteater.

2003 Jetta TDI 5spd "DZL WGN" lot's of mods

Closed Thread