2011 5500 aisin transmission

99GreenCummins

That guy....
Truck at work. Rental dump truck. Was out on rent and customer stated that it would not move. Brought truck back and sent to dealer. They determine that transmission is bad. Main issues are that truck will not move and when putting truck in park when running, it makes a grinding noise.

I will agree that transmission is bad. Fluid is black and smells burnt. The noise it makes when going into park has me confused though.

Main question I have for some of you geniuses. The truck has dpf full code and derated. Is that code possibly causing transmission issues? Why is the transmission making the grinding noise when going into park?

Any suggestions? I can get more info tomorrow at work.

I'm not familiar with them enough either. I am just not familiar enough with the 4th gens enough to know really where to start. Can't decide if we should to get dpf codes gone first or not.

Transfer case is in gear. Will shift between any gear in it.

Pulled codes this morning. P242F which is the dpf code, ash content. P0700, trans malfunction, didn't have much info on that code.

We could not force truck into Regen with our Bosch scan tool.

Transfer case is in gear. Will shift between any gear in it.

Pulled codes this morning. P242F which is the dpf code, ash content. P0700, trans malfunction, didn't have much info on that code.

We could not force truck into Regen with our Bosch scan tool.
Has the Transmission ever been serviced? We just ran into the issue on a customer's truck another shop did a trans filter from NAPA it cracked/separated from the metal top was plastic.. Also for it to do a force regeneration the truck has to be in the right conditions engine/coolant temp, is there soot in the exhaust pipe if there is could be a cracked DPF which we have ran into on the pre 13 trucks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back