Electrical problem causing dead pedal

tinkertoy

I’ve dealt with this for a year and first checked Alternator with a machine to see if it had ac noise and guy said it was ok on truck! Said it was ok so I put 4 tps’s last one was complete unit never could get the timbo’s set right! Also put 2 ecm’s and a injection pump with a wiring harness.

Nothing has helped truck but the alternator did start discharging so I put a Diod and brushes in it to see if that was the problem, alternator shop said Diod was bad and I thought for sure it was the problem!
So it has burnt the dongle up once before on quad while this is going on and just burnt another up after I installed the rebuilt alternator, when I first hooked ground up from the Passenger side it was making some relays I added for fan,boxes,turbo controller,and lights! It even made Vgt go crazy! But after I tighten ground up relays acted normal!

I first didn’t want to try it but I was tired of the problem and going see what it did so I tighten the ground up and drove the truck 3-4 hrs with the Annoying dead pedal!
So today I decided to drive it to go eat and it decided to start charging 18 volts, I unhooked Alternator and drove it home and parked it.

It still makes Vgt acted up will cable is hooked up with alternator unhooked but not as loud. I’m at a stand still trying to chase down the problem! And the original Vp doesn’t have 12 volts on wire so I have been running it for the time period because I thought the new hot rod pump may do the same.

Does any of this sound like I did something wrong with alternator repair which was simple it just seem like when I fixed it it caused some more problems?

You probably don't want to hear this, but on my 2001 VP44, it ended up being the IP. I had dead pedal issues and messed with the apps for a while. Swapped IP's and wolla. Just something to keep in mind.

I’m going send hot rod back have it checked but in the meantime I’m going do the grounds like on mopar site shows I don’t think that’s the problem either but I’m hoping it’s the pump!

Thought I would report back and say the wot mod fixed the problem and the quad ground wasn’t hooked up making the turbo controller go crazy and relays! Glad it wasn’t the pump I was going put and alternator and do this mod first thing a year ago but didn’t think it was the problem!

Back