03-05 ECM Conversion - Derail from 03/04 Update thread

outlaw99

If you want it(EFI LIVE) that bad put a 06 harness and ecm on the truck. I've done a few.

MOD EDIT: This was taken from the "03/04 Update?" thread. The above excerpt from this original post started a derail. Good topic, fellas; just not one to imbed in that thread. Carry on...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it that bad put a 06 harness and ecm on the truck. I've done a few.

so how much is truly involved with this? I see ecm's from time to time reman for 375, what exact harness, tank sender.... got a parts list with links? or part numbers and heck, I'll make a list.

I've made harnesses for 04.5 05 trucks and just did a 09 6.7 truck with 5.9 electronics... There really isn't a list.. its your harness and a 06-07 5.9 harness.. 06-07 ecm. Then wiring.

as long as you aren't wanting to work everything in the dash can't you just rewire the wiring to the ECM to make work???

You can, but when EFI becomes available you will have re-wire it again to get your gauges back. Best bet is to use an 06 harness and keep yours intact.

I would like to do this on my 07 Fummins. I currently have an '05 CR and would like to retain that rocker box/valve cover setup. I have an 06 harness already. Does anyone know the part numbers or source to purchase the injector harness plugs for the 3 connectors? I don't want to have to cut the ones off of my current 05 harness if I don't have to. Seems like a waste of a harness that I could either use in another project or someone else could.

you can buy the plugs online.. I will have to look them up, I put the 03 valve cover on my 06 Fummins...

As far as my gauges, my 03 that I am repinning for EFI Live is a pulling truck so the dash really doesn't matter to me..

you can buy the plugs online.. I will have to look them up, I put the 03 valve cover on my 06 Fummins...

As far as my gauges, my 03 that I am repinning for EFI Live is a pulling truck so the dash really doesn't matter to me..

To make it simple buy a 06-07 pedal. Tps is mounted to it.

I would like to do this on my 07 Fummins. I currently have an '05 CR and would like to retain that rocker box/valve cover setup. I have an 06 harness already. Does anyone know the part numbers or source to purchase the injector harness plugs for the 3 connectors? I don't want to have to cut the ones off of my current 05 harness if I don't have to. Seems like a waste of a harness that I could either use in another project or someone else could.

I have those at my disposal as well as most other Deutsch connectors, pins and crimp tools.

Back