New truck

'Powerstroke7.3

Hearing Impaired
My buddy is looking for a truck and mostly in the 2001-2006 area. Any suggestions and any bad apple years would be greatly appreciated.
He is looking for a truck around those year models a bit over 100k miles and preferably unmolested.

Thanks

Daniel

Ok. Thanks for the help on the previous question.

He bought a 2006 with 40k. Anything he should know right out of the gate about the truck?

A response would be nice this time.

Thanks

Daniel

Thats nice. We know the cummins likes the smarty. So there are no common mechanical issues they had with the 2006. Besides burned up converters that is.

Stock injectors don't like pressure boxes. I don't know too much about the auto's but don't think they hold up much more then 75-100 horse over stock. They run 1350+ egts stock so get guages before any programmers. There are no probs with the engines that would need adressed until 50 psi boost some say to get studs but I haven't yet with 135,000. Only work I had to do due to mechanical failure was the balancer at 120,000. Another thing he should look at before reving higher then 3,000 is a coolant bypass to prevent the rear freeze plug from coming out. If he plans on running it stock then leave it alone. You would prob be better off checking on the cummins forum or dtr for any questions on the 3rd gens. You would get alot more replies.

Thanks guys for all your inputs. I look forward to owning my first Cummins rig. I'll be checking back with you from time to time for experience and opinion questions as well as checking with the guys on DTR and the Cummins forum.

Back