68RFE vs. AS69RC (AISIN)

any progress on these transmissions?

I've heard nothing at all about tuning, which basically leaves us with internal part upgrades.

I've done some light reading on these and it depends on who you ask. Some, like Revmax, claim they are "a nightmare of a transmission", but sell and rate theirs at "over 800hp" with "Windows 95" tuning. Randy's Transmissions has them rated at 600hp and 1000hp and of course the guy absolutely abuses his on what seems like on a daily basis. ATS has one listed with no real details. From what I'm assuming it'll hold 600hp with a soft kit, converter, and valve body upgrades. Upgraded drums and pistons are the norm for the higher horsepower rated ones.

A decent number of people are tuning their trucks and using them stock without huge issues. Get over 500hp and it sounds like they are on borrowed time. Firepunk has a 2019 Aisin truck and it seems they have worked the engine tuning well enough to get the transmission to respond correctly. It would seem that with proper engine tuning you can run one in stock form with reasonable power without catastrophic results.

Mine is tow tuned with 210,000 miles at this moment. Since pressures seem to be the biggest weakness, and electronics can't be changed, I think that a valve body upgrade would be the most significant upgrade for an Aisin. I'd gladly put one in mine to help things. However, I see no valve bodies or kits for sale, just $6500-10,000 transmissions. I think a few places sell converters but it seems pointless without the pressure upgrades.

Links:
600hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission
1000hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission Stage 2 - (1000HP Max) - Transmissions - 13-18 6.7L Cummins - Dodge - Ram
800hp Revmax - Revmax Dodge AS69RC Signature Series Transmission
ATS -ATS | ATS Aisin AS69RC Performance Transmission Assembly, 4WD, 2013-Current RAM 6.7L Cummins
MTS Stage 1 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Stage 2 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
MTS Stage 2 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500, Stage 3 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
TCS Parts - AISIN AS68RC AS69RC | MOPAR Products | TCS Performance Products

On a side note, who is everyone using for oil and fluid analysis? I'm thinking I will start doing that on a few vehicles.

Last edited:
I've heard nothing at all about tuning, which basically leaves us with internal part upgrades.

I've done some light reading on these and it depends on who you ask. Some, like Revmax, claim they are "a nightmare of a transmission", but sell and rate theirs at "over 800hp" with "Windows 95" tuning. Randy's Transmissions has them rated at 600hp and 1000hp and of course the guy absolutely abuses his on what seems like on a daily basis. ATS has one listed with no real details. From what I'm assuming it'll hold 600hp with a soft kit, converter, and valve body upgrades. Upgraded drums and pistons are the norm for the higher horsepower rated ones.

A decent number of people are tuning their trucks and using them stock without huge issues. Get over 500hp and it sounds like they are on borrowed time. Firepunk has a 2019 Aisin truck and it seems they have worked the engine tuning well enough to get the transmission to respond correctly. It would seem that with proper engine tuning you can run one in stock form with reasonable power without catastrophic results.

Mine is tow tuned with 210,000 miles at this moment. Since pressures seem to be the biggest weakness, and electronics can't be changed, I think that a valve body upgrade would be the most significant upgrade for an Aisin. I'd gladly put one in mine to help things. However, I see no valve bodies or kits for sale, just $6500-10,000 transmissions. I think a few places sell converters but it seems pointless without the pressure upgrades.

Links:
600hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission
1000hp Randy's - AS69RC Transmission Stage 2 - (1000HP Max) - Transmissions - 13-18 6.7L Cummins - Dodge - Ram
800hp Revmax - Revmax Dodge AS69RC Signature Series Transmission
ATS -ATS | ATS Aisin AS69RC Performance Transmission Assembly, 4WD, 2013-Current RAM 6.7L Cummins
MTS Stage 1 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Stage 2 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
MTS Stage 2 - Dodge Ram 3500, 4500, 5500, Stage 3 Rebuilt Transmission | MTS Diesel
TCS Parts - AISIN AS68RC AS69RC | MOPAR Products | TCS Performance Products

On a side note, who is everyone using for oil and fluid analysis? I'm thinking I will start doing that on a few vehicles.

Yes i agree Randy beats the balls out of his trucks. his aisin loves it tho. i half wonder what he has figured out i remember a video he put up that had every light on the dash on and the aisin was getting it. and he made a comment about something with he will deal with the lights if his aisin would work like this all the time or something. i will have to look for the video.

i think what i hate the most are my 3.42's my trans does great truck just needs more off the line when loaded.
4.10s would prolly work well.

Back