Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Extreme Engine Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
wildbill144

Name: wildbill144
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
625 re torque on fresh build ? With fire rings

Like it says, what's the preferred method and why ?, new build with fire rings, Hamilton head, haisley fire rings and gasket, head and block cut for rings. whatta you all do ??

Old 12-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I'm not going to cut you down and cuss your mother, but have you at least TRIED to Google torque and retorque? People get heated about these threads.

Something smart goes here

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 12-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
I'm not going to cut you down and cuss your mother, but have you at least TRIED to Google torque and retorque? People get heated about these threads.

Something smart goes here
This...

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry, have a different way of doing it.
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 12-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
Marq92

Name: Marq92
Member`s Gallery
On how often and when to retorque you're gonna get a different opinion for almost every person you ask of course. But for how to do the retorque just make sure you loosen and re-lube the stud, nut, and washer, one at a time of course. If you can plug in the block heater or another better one I would recommend it to get some heat cycles and retorques without running it. At first I would do 2-3 cycles between a retorque but then I would go to 3-5 cycles.

People like to recommend hot retorques with fire rings but I would never do it.
2001.0 QCLB 3500 4x4 3.55 Toyo M-55 255/85R16 Brown's/Goerend 48RE sonnax shafts/maxed count Alto clutches Carli/Deaver 3.0 EMF BJ's PSC 6 bolt box Synergy steering TheRetroShop HID projector retrofit VLED's DC Power 180A alternator W-T ground mod ISSPRO EV2's

Old 12-11-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
wildbill144

Member`s Gallery
yea, I did search here and goggled etc..Yes there's different ways like you all said, figured I'd get at least a couple educated answers, hopefully from someone who's built several engine's.. This is comp D and there's a lot of knowledgeable ppl here, just hoping a couple would have jumped in. but then again its Comp D !!
yes Marq92 it was the hot trq. on the fire ring's that I was wondering about, thanks

Old 12-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #6
Drothgeb

Name: Drothgeb
Title: Almost Fast-N-Loud
Member`s Gallery
ARP's website says not to do hot torques. Reason being that steel has higher coefficient of thermal expansion than cast iron. Torque them tight when hot, then when the engine cools down you could end up with 2 piece studs. Never actually heard of this happening with 625s, but with other studs, yes. I'd keep cycling re-torques until they stop moving.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
With Fire-rings, you need one hot torque to get proper crush. then Beat it like you stole it. After that, just check a stud every now and then for movement. If it moves do a cold torque.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
wildbill144

Member`s Gallery
thanks for all the input,mudin 1 that's what I've heard also thanks for your input,, to bad the first two reply's said what they did, maybe a couple more would have chimed in with something besides ignorant comments , but I guess several thousand post's are more important than actually contributing something intelligent, no matter what the only stupid question is the one not asked, jumping in and saying ignorant chit right off the bat is gay, makes ppl who have the expertise to not want to contribute or say anything ,, guess neither of you have a ringed engine or you would have said how you did it, sucks that now a days key board ninja's jump in to everything and spew there chit, now I know why the intelligent one's don't bother much anymore and that's to bad soon all there will be is stupid chit about someone's mother and bad advice . thanks marq92 , drothgeb, mudin1 for the intelligent replies..

Old 01-01-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill144 View Post
thanks for all the input,mudin 1 that's what I've heard also thanks for your input,, to bad the first two reply's said what they did, maybe a couple more would have chimed in with something besides ignorant comments , but I guess several thousand post's are more important than actually contributing something intelligent, no matter what the only stupid question is the one not asked, jumping in and saying ignorant chit right off the bat is gay, makes ppl who have the expertise to not want to contribute or say anything ,, guess neither of you have a ringed engine or you would have said how you did it, sucks that now a days key board ninja's jump in to everything and spew there chit, now I know why the intelligent one's don't bother much anymore and that's to bad soon all there will be is stupid chit about someone's mother and bad advice . thanks marq92 , drothgeb, mudin1 for the intelligent replies..

You're upset kitten... let it out.
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 01-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #10
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
This is cute. All I was interested in was averting a melt down by making a suggestion, and you're having one anyway.
The information provided here is a drop of what has been provided across 50+ threads.
It has nothing to do with assholes on the forum and everything to do with you wanting the information presented to you at your command.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 01-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #11
Highwayman

Name: Highwayman
Title: bored.
Member`s Gallery
Can someone get this man(?) a safe space?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak24 View Post
Lolzzzzzz fakin haters

Old 01-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
wildbill144

Member`s Gallery
HAHAHA , No kittens here ,well your avatar explains that..{just pit bulls and pistols here. I'm safe where ever I go} nor any melt downs,IDGAF about anyone or thing, kinda sad the first responses where about cussing out someone's mother and nothing remotely pertaining to the question asked. WTF why would you even bother saying anything to such an arbitrary {to you} question, YOU WHERE TRYING TO ADVERT SOMETHING ?{ you started this } nothing was at any "command" as I had already said I did search,, do you have any first hand experience with this ? sorry cupcake but it looks like you don't, so why would you waste your time ? you don't have anything to share so STFU.move on to some headlight post im sure your the expert on shining lights up someone's azz,,lol,,in all honestly stupid commenters don't bother, it just shows the ones watching who shares there knowledge and who spews **** trying to be cool. SO please share how you did your ringed head's, what studs , gaskets, rings did you use, how did you do yours ?????? DO EITHER OF YOU HAVE THESE IN YOUR ENGINE, prob not with a MIA silencer ring and a spectra BHF as the big mods,Never once did I come on here looking for a fight, just asked a question, but I'm not going to be brow beated by anyone,, oh by the way, I've been caring for my elderly disabled mother for several years, hope your as good to yours,, So Enough already let it go,,, pop'n smoke"n move out, carry on MF

Old 01-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Somebody needs a Snickers bar.......

Old 01-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #14
wildbill144

Member`s Gallery
yea those two tool's . I haven't seen to many post's where thieve added anything but bull chit. guess if they cant afford to build something they just spew chit, sorry but this use to be a good forum with a lot of helpful ppl, no need for chit responses ..lol **** it it is what it is

Old 01-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #15
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Your typing skills suck. Second of all, don't question my financial state based on your mere ability to read my signature and take it for truth you phucking moron.

When you created this post, there was one with the exact questions you asked a mere 2 days prior or so.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 01-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #16
wildbill144

Member`s Gallery
grow up and let it go. I think we both know better here this is
****ing gay,

Old 01-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #17
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
grow up and let it go. I think we both know better here this is

****ing gay,

And you're the one telling me to let it go...
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 01-03-2017, 10:38 PM   #18
wildbill144

Member`s Gallery
you and your buddy jumped right in with bull****, so why don't you tell us all how you torqued your fire ringed head gasket, you had something to say so tell me and whoever else is here

Old 01-03-2017, 10:40 PM   #19
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
I will say that the peanut butter Snickers are the shiznits.....

Old 01-03-2017, 10:51 PM   #20
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
I will say that the peanut butter Snickers are the shiznits.....

Probably the best ones.
RIP Dex KCCO

Closed Thread