Drive Pressure Gauge Setups

biggy238

I was wondering if you guys could post pics of your drive pressure monitoring setups, or give feedback on any trouble you've had or things you would change with what you've done.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have a JGS soot trap and an old Snapon pressure gauge. Trap mounted on firewall and gauge goes up threw the cowl and sits by where my drives side wiper arm used to mount.

This is the soot trap you want, can't remember the name right off the bat, been a long time since I installed mine. IIRC the company is in Coos Bay Oregon.

Attachments

• DSCN1325_zps40e7670e.jpg
    DSCN1325_zps40e7670e.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just use a coiled copper line and a 120psi pressure gauge. I use it when making changes then blow the line out and plug the manifold. Quick and easy to hook back up when needed.

I just use a coiled copper line and a 120psi pressure gauge. I use it when making changes then blow the line out and plug the manifold. Quick and easy to hook back up when needed.

Wish I would have done this sooner..... kept delaying on the above and ruined a 100psi boost gauge.

Depends on how your gonna do it, but on our tractors where there is no room to mount in the dash and there is no time to be looking at it while going down the track, I mount the gauge under the dash or hood.

I buy those little 1.5 or 2” tire gauges with the pressure check valve, take the end cap off and solder a compression fitting to the back of it. Run your copper line to it, and you have yourself $10 a peak recall boost/drive pressure gauge.
They work really well honestly, I just coil copper line for the drive pressure before the gauge. If it was a daily driver a soot trap would probably be better

I read somewhere guys were stuffing steel wool in the copper tubing, in bet it would clog quick though.

Ran an air hose filter that worked really well, got too busy and always forgot to change that damn $3 filter ultimately ruining the $90 gauge.:bang

Depends on how your gonna do it, but on our tractors where there is no room to mount in the dash and there is no time to be looking at it while going down the track, I mount the gauge under the dash or hood.

I buy those little 1.5 or 2” tire gauges with the pressure check valve, take the end cap off and solder a compression fitting to the back of it. Run your copper line to it, and you have yourself $10 a peak recall boost/drive pressure gauge.
They work really well honestly, I just coil copper line for the drive pressure before the gauge. If it was a daily driver a soot trap would probably be better
This is awesome.

I'm going to be running cheapo "aem" style pressure sensors for a datalogger.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have the JGS trap but haven't brought myself to clutter up the engine bay. I'm just going to run the DP gauge with no filter for a day so I can get numbers. Its not something I need hooked up all the time as I have no gates or any of that crap to mess with. Just wanna see a some values and decide if the tune can get any hotter.

I'm not gonna be running it full time. Its a decent setup for tuning purposes. Got the info I needed. 75psi and 115psi drive. ~1100hp is where she's gonna stay.

8032E28F-8D42-4FB6-A949-939975A3DB8F_zpsirnnu7op.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knQ3XvAgwto"]Drive Pressure Gauge - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
She's a riot. I need to get better 6th gear vid for more accurate numbers. Thats all 5th gear and she's tough to hold on to on backroads. I don't drive it much anymore and no interstates around me.

Last edited:
Back