Exciting new addition to the Texas Diesel Shootout!!

gitchesum

Just wanted to let you have a little sneak peek to what’s coming up for the 2011 season of the Texas Diesel Shootout.
In addition to the “pick ‘em” race we currently run at the Texas Diesel Shootout, I’m excited to announce we will have a heads up points series, with a season payout of no less than $2000 for the fastest trucks in Texas. The best part is, it doesn't cost you a penny to run in the series.

While this is still in the planning stages, here’s an idea of how it will work:
• Anyone wanting to join the TDS Racing Series will need to register for it. This can be done at the track when you make your first race. Anyone is eligible to register for the series and there is no limit on the number of racers that can be registered.
• Current plan is to run the fastest 8 trucks every month with a qualifying time of 11:49 or faster. Which means you will need the safety equipment to run those kinds of times. If you are not in the 8 fastest trucks that month, you will still receive points for qualifying.
• Each racer will be awarded points for one single qualifying run. You can run as many as you want, but only points will be awarded for one.
• Each racer will be awarded points for each elimination round they advance to all the way to the final round. The amount of points awarded has not been determined
• At the end of the year, the racer with the most points takes home the prize money.

As we get closer to the opening race(to be determined at a later date), we will roll out any additional details and rules that we feel need to be addressed.
Bottom line, if you want the cash, you have to show up at each race and run consistent. Working with Mike on the little red truck, I know how hard this can be. We just wanted to offer up some kind of reward for you guys putting the hard work and the dollars into building these race trucks and coming out to race for the fans. You guys are very much appreciated.

As stated, this is still in the planning stage, and more information regarding the first race, and any additions or changes to the rules will be posted here and on the Texas Diesel Shootout Facebook page.

Good Luck and we all look forward to seeing everyone come out and enjoy the races.

Sounds like a winner! :tree:

gitchesum,
David talked to me about helping out at the races if and when you need it. Just let me know what I can do. Pm me to get ahold of me.

Thanks, Clayton.

Well, run consistant 11.49 times and maybe....

This is our way of showing our appreciation to the guys who put a lot of time and money in their trucks to make them that fast. I know how much work they've put into those trucks.

You still going to do the pick and match for possible slower trucks? Defantly a good way to get the fast trucks there consistantly with the cash money, and to promote new trucks to be built. Rock on guys great work

Sounds like a good format and should help draw in some faster trucks.
Looks like I better get to work on getting mine dialed in and add a lil *nx*.

Should be fun...... How about a big ass texas trophy at the end of the season? One that say needs to be strapped in a seat belt for the ride home LOL.

Should be fun...... How about a big ass texas trophy at the end of the season? One that say needs to be strapped in a seat belt for the ride home LOL.

That sounds like a great idea, let me know when you get it done so I can take a pic for everyone to see LOL

That sounds like a great idea, let me know when you get it done so I can take a pic for everyone to see LOL

Ok I got this.......... Do we want to throw down the big bucks and do 3/4" plywood or just use particle board? Finish her up with an engraver and a rattle can? LOL

Last edited:
Ok I got this.......... Do we want to throw down the big bucks and do 3/4" plywood or just use particle board? Finish her up with an engraver and a rattle can? LOL

Now THAT'S a plan.......LOL
I will sponsor the rattle can

Back