Lowered 4x4 4th Gens

Nothing crazy, maybe a couple inches if it's not too much trouble. They just seem to sit way too high from the factory for my liking.

I just picked up a 2016 Chevy 3500hd and it’s the same way. They’re all too tall for my liking from the factory.

Im thinking 2in drop shackles in the rear for mine, just not sure what to do with the front.

Don’t do drop shackles. It screws with the pinion angle, and if you have helper springs, the front of the helper spring touches the stop all the time and it rides terrible.
If you have blocks in the rear, take them out. If you don’t have blocks, disassemble the spring pack (you’ll need a shorter spring bolt), and take the bottom leaf, (or 2 or 3) out.
For the front, take the coil out, pop the rubber isolator off, and cut 1 coil out. I use a cutting wheel on a grinder, and trickle winter on it to keep everything cool. 1 coil will get you 1.5”-2” of drop.
Put the isolator back on, trim, or eliminate the bumpstop, and rock on.

Last edited:
Don’t do drop shackles. It screws with the pinion angle, and if you have helper springs, the front of the helper spring touches the stop all the time and it rides terrible.
If you have blocks in the rear, take them out. If you don’t have blocks, disassemble the spring pack (you’ll need a shorter spring bolt), and take the bottom leaf, (or 2 or 3) out.
For the front, take the coil out, pop the rubber isolator off, and cut 1 coil out. I use a cutting wheel on a grinder, and trickle winter on it to keep everything cool. 1 coil will get you 1.5”-2” of drop.

This is what I’m getting ready to do on my 95. Hopefully 285’s will look proper.

Thanks for the info!

Here is my 2015 with stock vs. lowered for reference. This is all but 3 leaves in the rear, and 2500 v8 springs in the front.

Attachments

• Dually.jpg
    Dually.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is my 2015 with stock vs. lowered for reference. This is all but 3 leaves in the rear, and 2500 v8 springs in the front.

What about the centering pin on the 4th gen leaf pack Rick?

I want to get my mega lower like your old one but the centering pin is in one of the spacers as you know I'm sure.

Anyone got a link for the 2500 gas springs or the entire assembly. If i can use the entire thing. My Google jitsu is off its game

Back