Newbie first post 1 gen 12v 450-500 hp goal twins etc

Jjjag

Hi all
have been long time follower, but with prices how they are never thought I'd never actually get my hands on a cummins 6bt, and as I just happened, I scored a cheap 12v ve out of a daf truck
Now in aus I've got a td42 (12mm ve, borg efr6758, wm) currently over 300hp atw and ive had a bad run and basically I've lost faith in this motor with 2 snapped cranks in a year, and was a brand new short motor from nissan.
My goal is 500hp
I tour alot and tow just around 3t and a combined weight is 6.5t(14,330 pounds)
I plan to run a 4L80 auto and to get the response Iove a set of twins that will spool hopefully, earlier the better and hopefully have the transition speed like the efr don't know whether that small efr could be used but I'd love to hear some of your comments and advice
Many thanks

I have a Ve with quick spooling twins.

i have a Super b single is a 57/65 and a s478.

They light before 1800rpm. I have never had it on a dyno but guessing a little over 400hp.

Thanks for the speedy reply will be interesting the combos that are mentioned also what's better a 12 or 14mm pump

Probably be easier to p pump it for that power. I don't think I'd expect to get much better than 400hp out of a ve that I need to trust. My turbo suggestion would be a 351 over a 471/83. Need to make air fast

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Probably be easier to p pump it for that power. I don't think I'd expect to get much better than 400hp out of a ve that I need to trust. My turbo suggestion would be a 351 over a 471/83. Need to make air fast

Thanks again, I'll look them up , also have sent a print out of dyno print out of my nissan td42

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-024308_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-024308_Gallery.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Thanks both turbo do you have a part number and or include the in and ex spec, housing and compressor dets, many thanks again

Back