Starting to gather parts

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
Well looks like we are going to be able to run a 2 ton rearend in the 2.6 2wd class. Time for me to start hitting some of the old salvage yards where I know some old trucks are sitting. Maybe I'll do good and find a F106 I can get cheap. When it warms up I want to start working a bit more on the old girl. I'm gong to box the entire frame and build some traction bars. I'm hoping to find a complete donor for engine and that. Any tips you guys can think of let me know.

Andy

I responded to your thread about that in the forsale section earlier. Some pics and details on were you are located would be nice.

zip is 64468 sorry about the pics delay...no pics yet because it's burried in the snow..i'll get the forklift over there and see what i can do....

it wasn't as buried as i thought it would be....

Attachments

• 100_0514.jpg
    100_0514.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0515.jpg
    100_0515.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0516.jpg
    100_0516.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0517.jpg
    100_0517.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_0518.jpg
    100_0518.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 23
A unmolested 454 is getting hard to come by around hear so price is going up on them. I'm going to take my time and hopefully have a solid running truck when its all done.

A unmolested 454 is getting hard to come by around hear so price is going up on them. I'm going to take my time and hopefully have a solid running truck when its all done.

Cool...yeah I plan to tear my 79 K20 down to the frame starting next winter. Gonna do a full frame off resto...can't decide if I wanna build its current .030 over 350 into a 383 stroker, build a mild 454, or drop a 12V in it? Once its done I am going to find a 80's 4x4 crew cab to redo and definately convert to CTD and use as a daily driver/family vehicle.

Take LOTS of pics of this project Andy because.....
:nopics:

EDIT: BTW...I hope to have a crew cab that somewhat resembles this when its done...minus stacks & grahics/chrome

Attachments

• dream cummins.jpg
    dream cummins.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 41
Its going to be allot slower then yours but I have a good foundation to start with. I went and looked at a wrecked 95 dodge today and that guy must have bumped his head. There wasnt a straight piece on the truck, rearend was in the bed after being tore out. I asked him what he wanted and about fell over when he said 6K.

Did you have to be revived with some Oxygin.My wife alway's said I was a smart ass but I would have had to tell him he was out of his mind.We got a 96 dualy tne motor wireing cought fire and burned the bed and cab didn't have a dent init got it and a wrecked 93 4x4 boothe had every think with them got boothe for $1500.00:evil.

Dale

He didnt like it when I laughed at him and said no really what do you want for it? I just thanked him for his time wished him luck and went home.

Yeah and its hard for me to tear apart a decent truck just for the motor and trans. I'll find one always manage to stumble across them.

Back