6.7 exhaust brake

The only ones that I have had give problems are sticking mechanically. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Doesn't seem to be related to the tuning.

My dad bought a 07.5 6.7 brand new its only got 35 000 miles on it and has already had to have the dealership replace the turbo because the exhaust brake stuck shut and the truck wouldnt do over 5 miles and hour they are junk

My dad bought a 07.5 6.7 brand new its only got 35 000 miles on it and has already had to have the dealership replace the turbo because the exhaust brake stuck shut and the truck wouldnt do over 5 miles and hour they are junk

Just need to cycle the vanes.

Tobin

No tuning issues but they do stick from carbon buildup. The new turbos have a cleaning port.

attachment.php

Download the TSB here

Attachments

• HE351vgt cleaning port.jpg
    HE351vgt cleaning port.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
No tuning issues but they do stick from carbon buildup. The new turbos have a cleaning port.

attachment.php

Download the TSB here

The older one they sent us a drill bit/ tap and a plug that comes out of the oil cooler and we had to do them ourselves that really sucked!

It's just like any exhaust brake, it's needs to be used. I have 90k on mine and never had an issue with it yet.

Had an 07.5 at the shop last week with 269k miles on the clock. Bone stock one owner truck, never been to the dealer, never an issue with anything. The exhaust brake got used regularly and the tail pipe was spotless post dpf. We fixed the last part! LOL

H&S, stealth deletes. I just removed the DPF. Everything else was turned "off" electronically, but still on the truck. EGR cooler still there, and in the system.

Personally, I'm thinking it's the EGR cooler, but the dealer was dead set that they have NEVER seen any issues with them. Of course they said the same about blown HG's, too.

Chris

Back