06 ram cylinder scoring HELP!

It looks like you have some dirt or the skirts are scuffing. The tops of the pistons look like they are getting too hot, and burning. Which is very possible a fuel issue. And if the pistons are getting to hot, then maybe you do not have enough ptw clearance.
I will agree to with Drew that the flaking of the coating could cause some of that too. It takes good coating or it is not worth doing. I do not even use the crown coatings at all.

4.035 bore is .024/.025 ring gap on a performance engine.

Ok thank you, yeah the coating is literally missing in action. I am going to pull her apart and take a look and show you guys some more pictures.

Looks like dirt to me. One of them looks like the top ring has lost tension from over heating. As for the coating we have seen that a lot in the diesels that is why we do not push the coatings. That could be where your scoring is coming from too as it flakes off. How is blow by?

BLow by did not see too bad, it was visible but not puffing at all. Also where could all this heat be coming from? i am actually draining the rail currently so i not flowing the big injectors completely at all. vehicles EGts sit around 700-800 while cruising up a small grade or 700 when level. Never seen it go past 1200, also i had the injectors checked 3000 miles ago.

Looks like dirt to me. One of them looks like the top ring has lost tension from over heating. As for the coating we have seen that a lot in the diesels that is why we do not push the coatings. That could be where your scoring is coming from too as it flakes off. How is blow by?

BLow by did not see too bad, it was visible but not puffing at all. Also where could all this heat be coming from? i am actually draining the rail currently so i not flowing the big injectors completely at all. vehicles EGts sit around 700-800 while cruising up a small grade or 700 when level. Never seen it go past 1200, also i had the injectors checked 3000 miles ago.

Back