My first ad with ARP

arpAD-1.jpg

The first 9 second pass in a diesel truck

drperf-1.jpg

first diesel powered racer at a NHRA national event

dscn0527.jpg

I have to space the convertor out

RTCONVERTORSPACER2.jpg

I was chasing weight , getting the truck done to 2788 lbs with driver , here is the starter

starter.jpg

this was the adapter , another 30 lbs

DSCN0878.jpg

building the lenco Bruno

DSCN1052.jpg

my first attempt at building twins

GREGWITHTURBO2.jpg

TURBO1.jpg

My buddy Cory doing wiring .

100_0012.jpg

the fist 8 second pass in a diesel truck 8.72 @ 154 notice no smoke

DALLASRACE0439-514.jpg

timeslip3.jpg

the data logger sheet

recordrundownload.jpg

1108-1023DIESELBUILDER_Page_1.jpg

Was fun for a little while

BanksDragTruck20.jpg

Last edited:
[/B]
I knew to be the fastest, and stay the fastest in the diesel world, I was going to have to make power, and raise the rpm power band of the Cummins. I knew it needed more airflow, everyone laughed, porting heads not needed right. . I went to Greg Young and pleading with him to help me design a sheet metal intake , Greg had been the fabricator for Eddie Hills Top Fuel championship team, and built a lot of the parts on my Competition eliminator engines .He was the truck at Greg’s shop later to become ZZ Custom Fabrication

Hoguepanintake007copy.jpg

Gregs first diesel intake , and the first sheet metal intake for a cummins diesel

24vcr_race_manifold_steel1.jpg

I knew that Dry sump oiling was necessary to be able to run light ring packages, Greg cam thru on this as well. .

DSCN1324.jpg

drysump1.jpg

I talked ATI in to building their first Diesel balancer

100_0014-2.jpg

my first diesel engine from a clean sheet of paper , I talked Ray Little of Ray Mac in to helping me as well.

DSCN1519-1.jpg

Hoguepanintake021copy-1.jpg

I wanted to go on a real dyno 1100 + hp and power to 5500 rpms

000_0015-1.jpg

its hauled ass, winning the very first Diesel Pro Mod race in history.

I got my friend Charlie to carry me to the races in his new trailer , his first diesel race ,

TS-2006-2.jpg

TSOutlaw2006disc1165.jpg

and again at Denver

scan0002.jpg

Last edited:
some of my freinds at PRI show 2008

DSCN0233.jpg

Some of the school motivational speaking engagements

SCHOOL3.jpg

Carrerday2007019.jpg

Diddn't know about the kids thats cool.Makes me think about Sherly Muldowney with the little girl in the car.I hope some kids get interested through your work.Good deal Greg.Keep it up.

Diddn't know about the kids thats cool.Makes me think about Sherly Muldowney with the little girl in the car.I hope some kids get interested through your work.Good deal Greg.Keep it up.

Yes, the work with the kids is very rewarding, and an opportunity help kids set goals and strive to achieve their dreams, and it’s also a way of giving back for being privileged to race on this level.
I helped develop the Math in Motion and Physics in Motion program with G. M. Performance Parts. It was a combination of motivational speaking, and an attempt to get younger kids interested in math and advanced math studies. I worked with NHRA youth education services as well doing this same style of speaking.
I am looking forward this summer to take the car overseas with the USO and visit the troops. This is what it takes to be a professional, and its something, I have done for the last 20 years in racing.

DSC00106.jpg

Here are some of my past cars

D/ ECONO DRAGSTER Best time 7.57 @ 174 mph single carb , gasoline chevy splaved valve V6 262 cid

pomona2.gif

Here is a pass at the NHRA world Finals in Pomona, with the wheels dancing on a 1.029 60 foot, that car left hard. This was the second year I qualified to go to the finals, and I was chasing points , finishing 6th that year.
pomona1-2.gif

close up , notice the headers and intake manifold This was some of Greg at ZZ work way back then

MVC-010S-1.jpg

and here is the IHRA record which still stand

dedrecord.jpg

I ran Super Stock for a while as well this was the SS/DM best time 9.15 @ 155 from a 3300 lbs car with a single 750 carb 300 cid small block

Camaro.jpg

Cool pictures Greg... I remember seeing some of those ARP ads in magazines before I got bit by the diesel bug.

my fisr D/ED dragster , it had a buick at first , and then a chevy. was so much easier to drive then the RED devil, but it was slow in the 60 foot with a bext of 1.07 .
inthepits.jpg

and the first Comp Car , a D/ Econo Altered best time of 8.62 @ 155 with a 750 carbed chevy V6 more of Greg Youngs of ZZ's early work

DEA-1.jpg

more pictures at a school a few years before

SCHOOL1.jpg

here is the Bruno / Lenco transmission, I was the first to try it , and its now one of the ways to go in a diesel drag racing machine.

shop5.jpg

Last edited:
i knew you have done a lot greg, but how do these projects get funded, thats always my problem, good ideas just no way to get them goin

Good on you Greg. I like that you're getting out into the schools and also scheduled to visit the troops. What better platform to promote the sport and to spread the word on keeping the smoke down on the streets. :clap:

Here is a few more pictures of school displays, I do about 10 of these a year.

SCHOOL3.jpg

Here I am actually getting dirty , putting together the Twin turbo engine for the Predator Truck

GREGBUILDINGMOTORDIESEL.jpg

Here are some cool pictures of Hillary, she is so talented, Von Dutch was going to give us money to let her drive. Just as the deal was about to happen, she traded the drag strip for the runway she went to Paris and began her modeling career,

IM000638.jpg

IM000645.jpg

edwardolucaro.jpg

Here are a few cool people I met at the first SEMA show , the second picture was the beginning of a friendship that I still value

SEMAHULKGREG.jpg

SEMABANKSGREG.jpg

And another good friend

DSCN0687.jpg

Here is a better picture of the first Pro Mod race in history

launch.jpg

Here is me going back to my gas roots and running Super Stock, with one of my old comp motors , I forgot how had it was to read plugs , check , and change a few valve springs every pass. But at 10,500 rpms its just part of it . I am still working to get NHRA to give diesel its first SS class

DSCN1279.jpg

Here is the one time I ran Super Comp in about 2004 , I locked a rack in the burn out , and did a 300 foot burn out , before I shut it down.

TRUCK.jpg

Back