Eaton Compressor - Overview and Noise Demonstration

Thanks! That is useful as hell! However my DeVair will kick its ass.

Does your DeVair doesn't make noise while operating? If it does then consider watching this demonstration of Eaton compressors. 73 DBA of noise for an air compressor while in operation is way far better than other noisy one around. :rockwoot:

Just carrying forward healthy discussion. Do you really think your attachment really answers my query over noise made by air compressors. PDF goes on talking about technical specs but doesn't talk about noise level of your compressors. Displacement CFM or Pump RPM dosesn't make point.

If its as easy as writing that DeVair doesn't make noise, then you must be having good night sleep. Moving on with our main focus over noise produced by air compressors with this article.
http://www.eatoncompressor.com/quiet_air_compressor_article.html

Your take on that.

I have a few questions......

#1. Where is Shenzhen?
#2. Why are you on this forum?
#3. Are you just here to pimp Polar?
#4. Can you read? You'll notice I never said my compressor doesn't make noise. I stated it is "quieter than that Polar in the video."

Answer those questions to my satisfaction and I won't axe your ass from the forum. I think you are here for nothing more than pimping your product, hence, the reason I'm giving you crap. Prove me wrong.

This is NOT a "automobile and bikes" forum and we have enough "handy-men" without you.

I'm pretty certain that the Guangdong Province has nothing to offer on a diesel forum.

Last edited:
# Shenzhen is in China.
# Here to just share my experiences.
# Not at all. Why would I do that for Polar. They are not giving me any creams or perks.
# Your last answer confirmed me that you enjoyed the full video.

I am using the one from Polar and thus, checking with you details because you mentioned about DeVair in first post. Rest the choices are made by experiences and product knowledge.

I didn't enjoy the full video. I think it is dumb to walk around with a video camera talking about if I walk in the other room, it is quiet as a mouse. Get a decibel meter and take a reading at 1m. Get scientific and you'll have something to stand on.

This is a diesel forum. Sure we have lots of junk here....but most of us have contributed something diesel. Get a diesel air compressor and come back. :hehe:

Again I will say choice comes with experience. We befriend or we keep on discussing like unknowns. You must have judged by my profile that I am newbie here. So, befriending you is the least thing I can do. (Y)

I agree , like our big huffers all we want it to do is make air!

Correction - compress air. And noise do make difference. No matter which one you are using - Polar, DeVair or IR. I bet no one would love to hear constant noise while carrying out operations with air compressors. Imagine you are sitting in your factory area or garage and you go home with headache and taking a pill for good night sleep.

Thanks to modern technology as we have come a long way improving air and gas compressors. Some are good and some are really good.

My father is a believer in Speedair. He has a 15hp, 150 gal 3 stage, horizontal with an 80 gal, 2 stage, vertical on each side of it. One 80 is piped to the north wall of the shop and the other 80 is piped to the south. In the event of needing more air, the 150 can be valved to either side or they can all be valved together. You talk about some freakin' air. Now....these were put in a room of their own and double insulated with air control to keep them cool. Then 2 more 80 gals in the other building.

My little baby makes more of a "lug lug lug lug" sound. It is quite tolerable as me and the kids can have a conversation right next to it. If pipeless technology could follow wireless technology then I could have air in the other barn without running pipes. That would be nice.

You guys keep this civil.
Joe, Polar Air is not a paying vendor on this forum so don't get too pushy with the advertisements. Have Matt or Tina contact one of our admins if they are interested in becoming a site sponsor.
I will say that I've been around their compressors and that they make a fine product. They are very quiet and seem be very well built. I will be replacing our noisy IR unit with one of their rotary compressors pretty soon.

I have an 80 gal 2 stage 7.5 FSCurtis, 28.7 cfm @175psi. Plenty of air for me it is a little on the loud side but I don't mind

Who the fuk cares how quite an air compressor is? Yall let your babies sleep in the shop or what?

I guess if you're in the same room as it and you value your hearing, you might want a quiet compressor. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't want to be deafened by everything I use.

Back