19.5" Trailer Wheels

04 MT

I read more then I post
Does anyone know where to find 19.5's for a trailer? The trailer is a 01 DCT bumper pull with 7k axles and the standard 8 hole 16" wheel. My goal is that I would like to be able to use the tires (almost wore out) off my 550 on the trailer. I also like the thought of having 14 ply tires vs the regular 10 ply's like I have now. Plain steel wheels would be just fine, I dont really need anything fancy. Thanks in advance for your response.

Best thing that I can see is going with ricksontruck.com and getting their single wheels but they are not cheap. I have been thinking about the same idea but my trailer is a tridem dually and I am going to put the ford f450-550 19.5" wheels and rubber on it with the help of adapters to change from the
8-6.5" lug to 8-200 ford lug.

not sure if the backspacing would work right but you could find some used railroad truck wheels. they're 19.5 singles.

u can get 14 or 16 ply 16" tires pretty cheap. around $100-$125 depending on the brand. They are 7.50 X 16. Thought you might be interested in that. Might be cheaper.

The 7.50 x 16 is a BIAS-PLY tire. The max loaded range on them is E. A load rate D is 2,440# @60 psi and a E is 2,780# @ 75 psi. On trailers, about trailers with 16" tires (6k, 7k, 8, 10k, and 12k), the best size to run is 235/85/r16. They are rated at 3,042# @ 80 psi. One thing is to remember to run a metal valve stem (a must) with any tire over 60 psi. The cause of most blow-outs is the rubber stem that comes with them. Goodyear makes a G rated tire (g610 or something like that), but if you don't buy a better built rim and run metal valve stems, you are wasting your money. The new 235/80/r16 (around 3550#) they are putting on trailer now days are cheap and not worth the price of the tire. Plus when you look at them they have rubber valve stems. Just my 2 cent about it. I haul goosenecks everyday with 1# to 10k and don;t have problems with the 235/85/r16.

The only issue I really have with the 235/85's is that I run a lot of gravel roads and the rear axle tires are getting chewed up fast due to the front axle tires rolling the sharp sides of the gravel up. I think the 19.5's with the heavier ply will hold up better under these conditions plus I would basically have free trailer tires for life by using my wore out truck tires. As someone suggested, I am looking into some older model rail road pick-up wheels in 19.5 size and hope that they will work.

Back