Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #21
mfsuper90

Name: mfsuper90
Title: 300ft is all I need
Member`s Gallery
I got a 2500 14 because of the front end update, coil rears, and def. Def if your going to delete would be a must in my opinion.

I love the coils, they handle weight way better then leafs. I compared an 03 to my 14 with the exact same pin weight and the third gen looked like it was going to do a wheelie and my 14 just leveled the rake out of it
'14 Ram Anarchy EFI, G56

Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #22
Red Sleeper

Name: Red Sleeper
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsuper90 View Post
I love the coils, they handle weight way better then leafs. I compared an 03 to my 14 with the exact same pin weight and the third gen looked like it was going to do a wheelie and my 14 just leveled the rake out of it

Does it level out because you have factory air bags in the rear?
'91 Cummins w350 5spd

Old 03-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #23
mfsuper90

Name: mfsuper90
Title: 300ft is all I need
Member`s Gallery
No factory bags for me. I would upload a picture, but photobuckrt is gay and I don’t know how else to do it. Had one 5500lb tractor backed clear against the front of the gooseneck and another 8500lb pulled in behind it.

My buddies 03 had to have 60lbs in the bags to level out the same load
'14 Ram Anarchy EFI, G56

Old 03-15-2018, 02:44 PM   #24
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I got a 2500 14 because of the front end update, coil rears, and def. Def if your going to delete would be a must in my opinion.

First i've EVER heard anyone say that.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #25
USARMY12V

Name: USARMY12V
Title: Rally round the Virginian
Member`s Gallery
I’ve had my 2010 since 2013 and never had a single issue knock on wood. Mine has been deleted nearly it’s whole life as well as tuned with either H&S box tunes, MCC, and now EFILive. Only quirky part about them is the 68RFE which you won’t even deal with if you get a manual as you’ve mentioned. I’ve replaced my balljoints with Carli billet ones and it’s been good ever since as far as maintenance of any variety. Alls it needs is fluids and she’s good to go. Coming from a second or third gen it’s like riding in a car in the fourth gen’s. Definitely happy with my purchase.

"God gave them 24 for those too dumb to use 12."

Be a happy dinosaur

1998 QCLB 5.9 Auto Under the Knife

2010 MCSB 6.7 68RFE Draconian MCC soon to be EFI, Deleted

Old 03-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #26
Big Boy Toys

Name: Big Boy Toys
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilburner97 View Post
Your'e buying it for the motor. The rest of the truck is mediocre at best.
While I tend to agree with you to a point on your statement, I have a 2004 (I know we're talking '10-'12 here) 4 door short bed 6 speed with 426k miles. I cannot believe how well the rest of the truck has held up around the drivetrain. The interior, and just the way it drives, not much for rattles/pieces falling off as I'd expect. I've had 3rd gens with half the miles that were palling apart. Other than 2 sets of injectors & 2 clutches the motor has never been touched, zero blow-by as well.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #27
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMY12V View Post
I’ve had my 2010 since 2013 and never had a single issue knock on wood. Mine has been deleted nearly it’s whole life as well as tuned with either H&S box tunes, MCC, and now EFILive. Only quirky part about them is the 68RFE which you won’t even deal with if you get a manual as you’ve mentioned. I’ve replaced my balljoints with Carli billet ones and it’s been good ever since as far as maintenance of any variety. Alls it needs is fluids and she’s good to go. Coming from a second or third gen it’s like riding in a car in the fourth gen’s. Definitely happy with my purchase.
How did you like switching to EFILive. I'm happy with my MMC engine cal, but I am only ~75% satisfied with the Overdrive tune. There's a couple scenarios where I can confuse it, and to me, it seems like non-refined code.
It's been keeping the trans alive just fine though, so I'm not too concerned.

And those ball joints. I can't fathom spending $800 on ball joints. After getting them, do you think they were worth it? And if so, why?

Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
If anyone is looking for a cherry 2016 my Brother in Law is about to trade his work truck in to get a new truck. 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie will be some where around 80,000 miles

Click the image to open in full size.

Send me a PM, IIRC he is asking 42,500, it is loaded, leather, etc. He is a farm equipment salesman, he covers four states, so he puts on almost 1k miles a week on his truck. Yes he tows a bumper pull trailer, but only a 10k trailer.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #29
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
Sadly it's not the overdrive tuning causing the issues. Still the best tuning available for the 68.

Talking about confused imagine reading a scan tool and seeing a $9k comp 68 glitching because of a trans temp sensor failure(solenoid pack) and everytime the truck restarts it shows a digital signal of 1022" and a trans temp intermittent code which resets all the values in the CVI! Literally my overdrives 4/5/6 learned down to a CVI value average of 8!

Overdrive gears are fine actually though since I can hold 4th locked to redline using selector, and the upshift at basically 80mph and 55psi boost and BOOM 5th instantly grabs. Same goes to 6th.

Until there's a true stand alone ability to control the 68 it's just gonna be one of those key cycle to key cycle toss ups.
It's pretty easy to swap that solenoid pack. It'll take you around 2hrs and cost you $250 (plus filters/seal/fluid if you do those then too).
My sensors are all accurate and I've never seen any sporadic readings when logging, so I think it's just code.
I do agree though, and looking at the solenoid pack, I really think a stand alone wouldn't be the hardest thing to make. The tough parts would be:
1) Adding a learning feature to understand clutch thickness since there's no bands to be adjusted.
2) Adding the logic around temp and how it changes fluid characteristics.
3) Making it in a way that people couldn't apply the wrong solenoids at the same time and burn that thing up fast.

And I'm pretty sure 4th gear is part of the direct pack, not the OD pack. Also, your OD pack should be the larger billet one that addresses the low torque slipping issue in 5th and 6th.

Filters/Seal I got:
Seal & Both Filters, 68RFE

Solenoid Pack:
Newest Rev OEM Solenoid Pack, 68RFE

Procedure Video:
45RFE 545RFE 68RFE Shift Solenoid Block Pack Replacement - Install RFE - YouTube

Last edited by CorneliusRox; 03-16-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:50 PM   #30
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
I didn't know 4th was part of the OD. That makes me feel like I should be nicer to it. 4th is technically not OD since it's a 1:1 ratio, AKA 3rd gear in a 47/48re.

Other than that, you haven't had any issues with your Suncoast?
I get a pretty hefty discount on BD stuff, so I will likely toss their 68RFE and TC on when the time comes, but there will be a phone call with Suncoast and RevMax before then.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #31
okie18

Name: okie18
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I'll second this, the coils tow and ride awesome compared to any of the newer leaf sprung trucks I've been in.

The uconnect blows balls compared to fords sync and chevy's my link phone wise. Dad just got a 18 base model chevy and connecting your phone to it is simple and fast. The uconnect in my 14 longhorn is terrible phone connection wise compared to a base model chevy. On top of the terrible voice commands and the pita navigation, screw uconnect. And the not letting you not do sh1t while the vehicle is in motion...

Last edited by okie18; 03-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:19 PM   #32
red dodge2

Name: red dodge2
Member`s Gallery
Anyone ever had a problem with their key fob? Mine wont lock or unlock, panic doesnt work, remote start wont either. Only thing it does is start the truck. Put a new battery in and still nothing.

Also you cant unlock or lock the doors from the drivers side.

Tow rig: 2022 ram 3500 Laramie

puller: 97 3.6 pro stock diesel truck "CUMMIN ATCHA"

thanks to: Puredieselpower, Haisley Machine, Miley machine & fabrication, Northeast Diesel

Old 03-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #33
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dodge2 View Post
Anyone ever had a problem with their key fob? Mine wont lock or unlock, panic doesnt work, remote start wont either. Only thing it does is start the truck. Put a new battery in and still nothing.

Yes, I had that exactly. I fixed it by getting a new key fob and having it programmed.
I only got one fob when I bought the truck and you need two to program more, so I had to pay the lock smith.
I had the exact same issues, and thought it was internal to the truck since the lock/unlock on the door would intermittently work, but after replacing the fob, I've not had that issue once.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #34
USARMY12V

Name: USARMY12V
Title: Rally round the Virginian
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

There’s the little metal things behind the rubber outter part of the key, on the (opposite side of the circuit board of the a battery) that sometimes come offset of the contact and they won’t activate it when pressed. They need to be recentered on the contact and will then work. I have that issue sometimes with mine.

"God gave them 24 for those too dumb to use 12."

Be a happy dinosaur

1998 QCLB 5.9 Auto Under the Knife

2010 MCSB 6.7 68RFE Draconian MCC soon to be EFI, Deleted

Old 03-29-2018, 01:54 PM   #35
red dodge2

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Yes, I had that exactly. I fixed it by getting a new key fob and having it programmed.
I only got one fob when I bought the truck and you need two to program more, so I had to pay the lock smith.
I had the exact same issues, and thought it was internal to the truck since the lock/unlock on the door would intermittently work, but after replacing the fob, I've not had that issue once.
So the lock switch on the door didnt work either? And when you got a new fob and programmed it, it worked? Did you buy a new fob from dodge or aftermarket?

thanks to: Puredieselpower, Haisley Machine, Miley machine & fabrication, Northeast Diesel

Old 03-29-2018, 01:54 PM   #36
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMY12V View Post
There’s the little metal things behind the rubber outter part of the key, on the (opposite side of the circuit board of the a battery) that sometimes come offset of the contact and they won’t activate it when pressed. They need to be recentered on the contact and will then work. I have that issue sometimes with mine.
I had that issue too and bought an eBay remote to steal the rubber piece out of because mine was pretty beat. That helped with the clicking, but I think it was the immobilizer on the PCB that was going bad and making my switch on the drivers door act goofy.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #37
red dodge2

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
I had that issue too and bought an eBay remote to steal the rubber piece out of because mine was pretty beat. That helped with the clicking, but I think it was the immobilizer on the PCB that was going bad and making my switch on the drivers door act goofy.
PCB is that the fob? Lol

Old 03-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #38
CorneliusRox

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
PCB is that the fob? Lol
PCB = Printed Circuit Board.
The computer chip on the inside.

Closed Thread