Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
jason herdahl

Name: jason herdahl
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
07 exhaust vibration

Hey guys just curious if this is a common issue or I have something else going on. Truck seems to run just fine but the tailpipe vibrates like crazy, even in you put you foot on it (to try and isolate it) it will transfer right up you leg and doesn’t change. I’ve been noticing more in cab vibration when at an idle in park or drive and when easing into the throttle to gain speed or goin up slight hills and I’m 99% sure it’s from the exhaust as I have checked everything else over pretty well. Anyone have any ideas? The truck is deleted with a 5” down pipe to 4” straight back to the factory muffler and tailpipe. Thanks in advance any help is appreciated!

07.5 6.7, cclb, 68rfe, deleted, and 4" exhaust

Old 05-06-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
dangerous06

Name: dangerous06
Title: diesel tech
Member`s Gallery
Check your motor mounts. Any white smoke on start up?

Old 05-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
jason herdahl

Member`s Gallery
Motor mounts are good. I do have the slightest puff of smoke on start up but looks more blue to me,it’s been cold here so that didn’t really haven’t attention?

Old 05-08-2018, 10:48 PM   #4
MHDiesel16

Name: MHDiesel16
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Have you checked all your exhaust hangers/mounts? I've added a couple hangers/rubber mounts to help resolve this issue. Only ever seen this issue on deleted trucks.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
jason herdahl

Member`s Gallery
I do not have all the hangers on all the same spots as all the dpf crap but I did put a hanger off the down pipe and 1 between there and the muffler and the muffler and tailpipe have all the factory hangers (everything seems to be pretty stout and not touching anything). It just seems like the engine idles a little tougher than the 5.9s in general from what I’ve seen? Or possibly a drone type issue with the 5” downpipe and then going back down to 4”? You can feel it in the steering wheel when you come to a stop in drive but it you put it in neutral it’s a lot better or give it any throttle

Closed Thread