Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 03-07 3rd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #1
Schoust

Name: Schoust
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Here we go again!!

Well I actually reached 105k on my 07 48re. I knew it was coming but the question was when? Anyway it seems as though 2nd gear is spent. I really have not pushed things much just the typical free breathing mods and a moderate Smarty tune that has been there since shortly after purchasing the truck with a bit more than 65k. Anyway I have a couple questions the first being should I waste any time attempting to mess with the band? Or just gather the parts and re-build? I need the truck but it sure would nice to be able to make it through the Winter to save some dough..
So down to the nuts and bolts. I have done some research but I'm sure somone has found better deals out there. Time is not on my side lol..
I am looking to build this myself and have it eventually make at a minimum
of 650/750 hp. It will be a weekend and or fill in driver when the Tdi needs a bit of repairs or upgrades. My old 12v's 47rh was all Goerand but it seems like Dave is starting to pull back from the game a bit.. I want to be able to get the support behind the parts installed. What I mean is the expensive parts such as the converter and such.. I really loved Daves valve body thought it was Awesome!
But this build (for now) may have to be a simple TF od shift kit,or whatever you all recommend. I'm looking to shop out the part and dial in a good price.
Honestly that's because it's the only way I can do it and I need my truck. Where can the great prices be found? What are your recommendations..
I know you all have been here and done this but If I may ask, can you help out a working slob put it all together without breaking the bank...
Thanks much!

Old 11-04-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
RandomHero

Name: RandomHero
Title: Unstoppable Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Checking and adjusting bands isn't a horrible idea. I got an extra 6 months out of mine by doing so when I had similar mods to what you have listed above.

Dave still sells all the parts, just no longer building complete units. He's relying on his authorized dealers for installs and warranties. Still the same customer service as before.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #3
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Yea buy all of the parts from Goerend, and you could do the rebuild yourself.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 11-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #4
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Member`s Gallery
Yup like the others stated goerend for the parts. He gave me quite a bit of help over the phone when I was having issues with my transmission. Even when the issues I was having was with a competitors product

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
Schoust

Name: Schoust
Member`s Gallery
Ok well it seems That I schoukd have checked the band adjustment. I thought it was done before I purchased from the dealer 25k or so ago....Apparently not I tightened up the front band to the required 72inch lbs. then backed off a turn and 3/4's. The truck shifts perfect now... I have to say I am a bit disappointed.. Lol. But at least I have a little more time to by the parts that will hold the power I'm after. And I loved Daves VB so much in my 12v that will be the way I will go. This goes to show if 2nd gear is slipping and the fluid is clean / and not burnt smelling more than likely you are a band adjustment away from success!
Thanks Guys

Old 11-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Member`s Gallery
Gotta love nice surprises

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closed Thread