De-Badged

My molding came off a while back, and the paint was slightly bubbled underneath...had to put it back on...

At NAPA they have this wheel that looks like a huge round eraser...put it on your drill and it zings that stuff right off with out damaging the paint. I just did my 03, all badges/molding/4 vent visors in a few hours start to finish.

I joined club naked!

I pulled the badges off tonight, still a little residue that needs to come off, I'll get it in a few days when I pull the drivers side door sticker between the two windows.

I joined club naked!

I pulled the badges off tonight, still a little residue that needs to come off, I'll get it in a few days when I pull the drivers side door sticker between the two windows.

sounds good, any picts? Just for an update I just got done having my tailights and third brake light smoked black, got my new smoked headlights on and working and managed to get all of my plastics painted black. I'll get pics eventually. Need to get her cleaned up some. I hate winter lol. Still looking for tow mirrirs if anyone has some for cheap.

mine naked as a jay bird
PA200447.jpg

PA200448.jpg

those are 20x10 wrapped with 35" rubber

i just need to paint the calipers not already have slotted rotors

No pics Willy. Been working daylight to dark 7 days a week. I'll pull the stickers off and clean it up it with flood lights at night if it warms up some.

Plus I aint washed the beast in a few months:D

sounds good, any picts? Just for an update I just got done having my tailights and third brake light smoked black, got my new smoked headlights on and working and managed to get all of my plastics painted black. I'll get pics eventually. Need to get her cleaned up some. I hate winter lol. Still looking for tow mirrirs if anyone has some for cheap.

With all the plastics painted black its going to look awesome, can't wait to see pics! Got my tow mirrors off ebay for $200 brand new.

did you get new wheels you were talking about at one time?

I got a set of the old style mirrors in black since I didn't have the $200 for tow mirrors. Helped the look a lot.

Hopefully gonna bedliner the rockers pretty soon.

I got a set of the old style mirrors in black since I didn't have the $200 for tow mirrors. Helped the look a lot.

Hopefully gonna bedliner the rockers pretty soon.

For all you pre-98 guys that want to dump the chrom mirrors pick up a set of stocker post-98 black mirrors they look ten times better and you just sut the wires and splice them together (plugs dont match). They are cheap and power too...unless you just gota have them manual tow mirrors!

well I got some pics finally like I said I would, sorry for the crappy quality, it was getting dark and for the ice covered truck, I had to wash the salt off of her lol. So what do ya's think? And yes I know I still need to change the mirrors. lol

002-10.jpg

003-7.jpg

011-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

Lookin slick! Im thinkin about takin off my badges now! I also have thought replacin them with 3rd gen badges. Figuerd silver would look good on white, not sure how it would turn out tho

Back