Making wah pedal into a TIG pedal?

cummin try me

Voodoo Child
Ok, I have this Eastwood TIG200 that I got for free and it seems to work well enough. The only problem I see is a horribly designed foot pedal. It is not a treadle at all like a normal pedal would be; it's more like a switch you can depress with your foot. What I'm thinking is taking a broken crybaby or other wah pedal and modifying it for the welder. They are the same basic concept I'm just wondering if anyone else has done anything like this?

Buy a real welder. LOL

Ya thats your best bet. How good are you with wiring? What controls how many amps you are getting may actually be inside the welder and the pedal is just a switch and adding a variable pedal to it may do nothing. buy a lincoln.

LIN000.jpg
[/IMG]
buy a real machine

The pedal is already a variable pedal, it's just that way it is setup makes it very uncomfortable to control. It would not be a problem to wire it, I was just wondering if I should go through the trouble of finding a broken wah.

LOL Guess it's time to start shopping for Miller or a Lincoln

Miller tig machines are better than Lincoln imho. i personally have an Everlast powertig 250ex and love it. The 250a capability plus water cooling. and it welds way smoother on aluminum than the last miller synchrowave 200 i used. It would compare to a miller dynasty option wise. but at less than half the price new.

In this day and age a person couldn't go wrong buying either a Lincoln or a miller. They are both great.

I agree. My other welders are Miller and Lincoln and I have no complaints about either brand. Just hard to pass up a brand new free $800 welder, even if it is foreign junk.

Back