SBC dual disk clutch question

Legendarydslper

Hey guys, I just got a 1999 2500, with a 5spd and SBC dual disk, with upgraded hydrolics, input shaft and flywheel. What I have notices about it, as it doesnt engage until it is almost all the way released. Also, it does not want to go into 3rd gear unless the RPMs dropped significantly, or downshifting.

The previous owner installed all of this less than 6k miles ago. I figured with a new clutch it would grab almost right off the floor.

Any input? I am new to manuals in diesels, especially dual disks.

Well as far as the engagement issue, you can adjust the rod on the clutch pedal to adjust when the clutch engages.

And the 3rd gear deal, the syncros are probably worn out.

I really was hoping it was the clutch causing the 3rd gear grind. Like i said it doesnt happen all the time. my buddies car did the same thing then he had his mechanic bleed the clutch and it stopped it. I assume it has the adjustable rod, how can I check? I am very new to manuals.

On the back side of the clutch pedal there is a rod that is connected to the hydraulic assembly that is mounted on the firewall. If that rod is threaded with two jam nuts, then it is adjustable. Just pop out the pin that attaches the rod to the clutch pedal, loosen the jam nuts, then screw the clevis outward.

It may take a few times to get it right where you want it.

Back