Reman or New Injectors

Diehard Ram

Sled puller no more
I need to repace my injectors in my 06. I keep getting po2146 and po2149 codes. And with 188k on them i think its time to replace. Looking at a small set like 50hp. So are reman good enough or should i go with new ones?

Does Bosch still make BRAND NEW injectors for the early CR's? I know the only thing i can get for my 03 lb7 BOSCH certed remans.

We had 2 reman 6.7 injectors that lasted 20k miles and tested out of spec. Can't remember Where they came from.. I just put them in for a buddy. Not sure about the older 5.9 stuff

I'm sure there are exceptions to My experience with House Builds or molested Injectors, They just don't meet the mortality rate that Bosch Gen new or Virgin injectors Have.

What about the Bosch Motorsport stuff, are they any good? I want Exergy but $3000 is a bit much for my wallet.

What about the Bosch Motorsport stuff, are they any good? I want Exergy but $3000 is a bit much for my wallet.

If You are asking Me this Question, I will answer it with the best of My knowledge.

Place of Origin is the Key, Many terms are used in the English language that describe, But have no relationship to its origin, The Term I hear often is Factory NEW replacements (Injectors) this description in Most cases is deceptive<although You think you are purchasing New Injectors ,in reality you are getting House molested Parts.

T&C makes it very clear and We use terms that leave NO doubt what and were the place of origin is, Example on Our Invoices it clearly states the Type and place of Origin, The Word use to describe NEVER used Injectors that are 100% new Is (Virgin Injector) this designates Never used and 100% new (whole).

I have sold Virgins and Gen New Side by side for 5 years, the mortality rate is so close its not worth mentioning.

The only reason I see to buy New form Us is you get to keep your Injectors, Bosch Virgins Form us cost about xxx More then Gen New.

Now Keep in mind that nozzle modding is simply done By who ever the seller uses, in House or contracted , the technology does exist to Mod whole Injectors today, so measure everything equally and ask the tough Questions, and say away form the grocery sellers.

Bosch has 1 Spec and 2 types of Injectors Virgins & Genuine New, Virgins are exactly that 100% New and Never Installed, Genuine New is a injector that is complete reconditioned By BOSCH but it must meet new spec's or it rejected, Both have the same origin.

Now couple this with tariff laws that BOSCH North America has really confuses the Buyer. Example T&C cannot sell the Bosch injectors in a Bosch Box, Both Virgin & Gen New must be sold in T&C/ distributor or blank Box , the exception to this is if we purchase form local Bosch license seller.

Sorry Glenn I'll never do any more business with your company. Your buddy Chris screwed me over. He even said he would make it right, but never did.

So whats the problem with the reman ones?

speaking from experience,

we are talking about the HEART of your motor if you ask me. one "reman" injector can cost you a full rebuild and has to many people in many cases.

Exergy is quality work and you will never receive JUNK. just be VERY clear on what you want before you order from them if you do.

i have seen ebay injectors strait up drop a nozzle and i have seen "quality reman's" fail my little EFI live test after 15k.

my truck is just too important to me to take a gamble.bif

Ive had about the same luck across the board with Bosch remans or new Bosch.. The in house remans ive seen hit or miss a little more depending on what particular shop did them.. Sent some off that failed on me the other day to be diagnosed and fixed and they found Lb7 injector internals in a dodge 5.9l injector that a previous shop had worked over.

Last edited:
two new sets here

bosch, got from my local diesel shop, but with a quality company (or builder) such as F1, or Exergy, I wouldn't hesitate to buy remans from them.. they stand behind their work, and will make it right.. and their reputation has proven solid...

I opted for new sets, because such as SixOoh stated, my dad and I rely on our trucks to much to spare the expenses, and I got them for a very fair price both times...

Bosch Motorsport 50 HP.
The ones I got were new. I asked. I kept hearing horror stories about remans. I ended up paying about $2100. (about $3000 minus cores) You may need to find out what spray pattern they have. Mine were fine in the 03 but newer trucks may need to turn down time with your programmer.
I've only had them in for a few weeks but like them.

^^^^ I went with the same injector. Running in an 06, all stock except exhaust and an intake. Runs great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back